Network Engineer at Shoreham Port
Main duties, tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist in testing, rollout and maintenance of bespoke scanner technology.
- Repairs to fibre optic networks and connecting systems.
- Troubleshoot issues with the Ports network as required.
- Liaising with external IT/systems specialists.
- Assist with the implementation and running of the internal phone system and mobile phones.
- Mapping, design and installation of network.
- Assistance with the CCTV system.
- Review and continuous improvement of existing IT systems and software used within operations.
- IT/technical qualification - GCSE or equivalent level
- Team Player, as well as ability to work on own initiative.
- Comfortable working at heights and confined spaces.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- First aid trained, otherwise training provided.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Driving Licence
What you’ll get from us
A competitive salary
Exceptional defined benefit pension scheme
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Funded training in a supportive environment and scope to progress within the company.
Other wide ranging benefits
The closing date is the 22nd May 2018. Interviews commencing 6th June 2018.
Please Note: Port staff are subject to random drug and alcohol testing and all successful candidates will be expected to comply with the Port’s policy. Please be aware that we are currently unable to offer the Network Engineer post to individuals with colour vision deficiency.