Vehicle Fleet Officer
Do you stand out from the crowd? Are you looking for a new challenge?
You could make a difference……..
St John’s is a specialist school and college offering high quality education and care for young people aged 7-25 with a wide range of special educational needs.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is positive about learning disabilities to join our team as a Vehicle Fleet Officer.
Base: Dual Sited – Brighton & Seaford – 52 week role
Hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am-4.30pm – 40 hours per week but there will be a requirement for an on-call arrangement to cover out of hours and weekends.
Salary: £22,489 per annum
The Vehicle Fleet Officer shall have due regard to the following best practice requirements:
* Having regard to and observing all matters relating to the St. John’s policies and procedures;
* Having regard to, and observing all matters relating to the St. John’s supporting behaviour policy and, as an essential part of your work, demonstrate respect, and ensure dignity of the individual learners; promoting self-esteem, positive self-image and potential achievements
* Undertaking such duties as may be deemed appropriate by your Line Manager
* Be part of the organisation’s supervision and annual performance review programme
* Maintain clear regular (weekly) communication with relevant colleagues
* Maintaining the organisation's fleet of vehicles, ensuring that they are road legal in respect to documentation, taxes and condition and use.
* Managing the organisation’s Quartix Vehicle Management System
* Undertake driver training and assessment in line with the MIDAS scheme Developing safe working procedures with the practitioners of identified high risk activities
* Developing effective relationships with stakeholders, workplace managers and supervisors to ensure that the safety components of their work activities and responsibilities are met.
* Conduct induction driver training for all staff
* Conduct vehicle inspections and top-up activities relating to fuel, oil, water, tyres etc.
All job applicants will be required to provide 2 referees (one must be your most recent employer) and undertake an enhanced DBS Disclosure. This process forms part of our recruitment and safeguarding policy.
Please visit our website to see a full job description and complete an application form. CVs are also welcome.