Auditor in Horsham
- Full Time
Role: Auditor, Coast to Capital
Accountable: Growth Deal Project Manager, and Chief Operating Officer
Place of Work: Horsham + Frequent Travel
Hours: Full-time, Part-time would be considered.
Coast to Capital is the Local Enterprise Partnership for one of the most exciting and successful parts of England. Our area covers a large geography including Croydon, East Surrey, West Sussex, Brighton and Hove, and Lewes. We determine regional economic priorities, support businesses and make investments to drive growth and job creation. Our small, highly motivated and engaged team is very ambitious for the future of the region and we have a vacancy for an Auditor to primarily support the ‘Investment’ team with audit interventions, in order to ensure the successful delivery of our project portfolio in line with our Assurance Framework.
The role requires an experienced and self-motivated Auditor, who will work with the Growth Deal Project Manager, to assist in the delivery of audit and assurance activities in accordance with recognised professional standards.
Duties and responsibilities
This post holder will be responsible for conducting both internal and external audits and responsibilities will include, but not limited to;
- Leading external audits on the portfolio of Local Growth Fund investment projects to include investment performance reviews in order to identify risks, and ensuring compliance with funding agreements.
- Using and developing the Coast to Capital suite of assurance documents, and liaising with ‘Local Partnerships’ in order to perform High Risk ‘Deep Dives’ on projects, using our Internal Assurance Toolkit.
- Assisting with audits on the ‘Growing Places’ investment portfolio to include reviewing performance and identifying future risks.
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings in an accurate and timely manner, which can be used to assist High Risk Project reporting, and provide Board recommendations.
- Evaluating Project Risk, and assisting the Investment Team with upstream risk reporting to Government.
- Engage and communicate effectively with key partners during the course of delivery audit assignments
- Providing sound advice to Delivery Bodies to assist with control evaluation in order to reduce risk.
- Support and challenge Delivery Bodies on risk governance and internal control matters.
- Have the ability to contribute to risk management and Governance within Coast to Capital.
- Plan and prioritise audit activities for the months ahead, to ensure operational efficiency. Respond to changing demands, adjusting priorities as needed.
- Assistance with delivery of internal audits within Coast to Capital as and when required, to help develop and review business support systems, processes and procedures.
- Ability to travel frequently to projects within the Coast to Capital region.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to an appropriate standard, with ideally a relevant professional qualification / membership.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, industry specifics and their application.
- Hold a track record of delivery of complex audit interventions.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation.
- Good communicator across a wide range of disciplines, and the ability to represent the company professionally.
- Excellent written skills.
- Understanding of Local Enterprise Partnerships.
- Highly Developed Organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, self-motivated, and to be flexible as part of a small but growing team.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
Further information about Coast to Capital may be found at our website:
To make an application please send, by 18th June 2018, a full CV with a short (two pages maximum) covering statement setting out how you believe you could fulfil the requirements of this key role and the names of two referees (references will not be taken up in advance of interviews) to: Cali Gasson
, email@example.com. We will acknowledge your application within 24 hours.
Coast to Capital is committed to achieving diversity and equality of opportunity both as an employer and as a commissioner of services.
Our Equality and Diversity Policy 2015-2021 is available on request.
Apply for Auditor in Horsham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly