IT Technician and E-Learning Advisor
About the College
Worthing College is a very popular college with over 1450 students. Our last Ofsted inspection judged us to be ‘Good’ in every respect. Our mission is to inspire, build confidence and prepare our students to live the life they want to live and is underpinned by our strong desire to become outstanding in the near future. Above all Worthing College is a very friendly place with a strong sense of purpose, where teaching, learning and student success are second to none.
Background to the Post
The postholder will be based within the IT Services team with close ties to the Learning Resource Centre team. This is a highly professional, busy and committed team which provides the delivery and maintenance of the network infrastructure and also provides support for staff and students on hardware and software issues. The post holder will also be expected to research innovative and best practice strategies to be implemented into our Teaching and Learning delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The IT Technician and E-Learning Advisor will be responsible for:-
- Supporting staff and students in a Windows 10 and Apple mac network of over a 1,000 devices.
- Managing and supporting IT provision for college meetings, exams and events.
- Administering User accounts within an Active Directory environment.
- Imaging and deploying machines and arranging for lease returns and warranty repairs.
- Assisting in server and security upgrade projects.
- Maintaining hardware and software inventories.
- Maintaining the college backup systems.
- To research good practice in the development of ILT in teaching, learning and assessment, including participation in relevant conferences and networks.
- To deliver a programme of training and services to teachers and students in the use of ILT applications to support teaching, learning and assessment.
- To support the development of the college’s Moodle Virtual Learning Environment by developing the site, training teachers and providing support to users.
- To contribute to development of the Directory of Good Practice that has been developed to support sharing of good practice in teaching, learning and assessment.
- Working effectively with the Team and other teams to contribute to the team plan and culture of excellence to ensure that the College offers an outstanding service to students, staff and other stakeholders.
- Participating fully in appropriate professional development, meetings and planning to meet the needs of the team and the college.
- Attending staff meetings, briefings and team meetings and participating fully in discussions about work.
- Any other duties reasonably delegated by the Principal.
The postholder will be based within the IT Services team with close ties to the Learning Resource Centre team.