Support Worker- Children & Young Adults
Are you looking for a rewarding position providing care and support? If so we may have the perfect role for you...
We are currently recruiting for Support Workers to provide care and support to Children and Young Adults with physical disabilities or sensory impairments.
The role is vital in ensuring our children have every opportunity to reach their full potential and prepare them for life beyond Chailey.
This role will be based on site at Chailey Heritage Foundation in North Chailey, East Sussex. North Chailey is easily commutable by car from Haywards Heath, Burgess Hill and Surrounding Areas.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- We have various shifts available between 7am and 9pm, typically you would work either a 7am to 2pm shift or a 2pm to 9pm shift however, flexibility is required.
- You will attend to the personal care, medication needs, social and meal support of young people within the residential homes.
- Support with accessing the local community to attend appointments or social activities.
- Assist in creating an environment where everyone can achieve the greatest possible independence.
What we Offer
- Competitive rates of pay starting at £8.63 rising to £10.13 per hour following successful completion of probation or training
- Opportunities to gain additional hours with overtime
- Opportunities to further develop your career by completing a nationally recognised qualification
- Career advancement with the opportunity to develop to become a Senior Support Worker or Deputy Manager
- Company Pension scheme
- Competitive annual leave entitlements starting at 23 days per year, increasing with service
- On-site Cafe, Gym and Staff yoga sessions
- Childcare vouchers and Cycle to Work scheme
- Previous experience in supporting vulnerable people.
- Understand the importance of treating people with respect to promote independence.
- You will have excellent communication skills, be reliable, flexible, honest and trustworthy
- Flexibility to work early, late and weekends
If you have a passion for providing care and feel that you have the skills required then we would love to hear from you.
Chailey Heritage Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults; as such an enhanced DBS disclosure is required.
Chailey Heritage Foundation is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all its young people and staff.