Customer Support Technician
Spring Signage is a digital signage software provider and the company behind Xibo, the popular Open Source Digital Signage solution.
Spring Signage have an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to work from home in the Brighton area as a Customer Support Technician. Release yourself from the daily commute and join a small team passionate about open source software. Use all the latest tools to collaborate and help service the growing Xibo community.
As a Customer Support Technician you will be responsible for:
- First line technical support in the online commercial Help Desk and Xibo community forum:
- First contact for new tickets
- Understanding and categorising tickets
- Providing assistance through web meetings / screen sharing sessions
- Escalation to Development or Sales if required
- Providing solutions to common Xibo problems
- Maintaining Knowledge Base articles and “Canned Responses”
- Attending regular team web meetings and occasional face-to-face meetings
- Recreating and categorising bugs with the Xibo software
- Testing patches and software upgrades
- Assisting sales operatives with day-to-day sales activities, including:
- Preparation of demos
- Categorising leads/sales opportunities
- Providing technical support to prospective customers
An ideal candidate will have:
- Great communication, customer service, problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience working in I.T or Software Support
- Ability to work independently according to set priorities
- Good written and spoken English
- A basic understanding of how the web works would be beneficial
- A basic understanding of which cables go where when faced with connecting up a PC/media player
Full Time (8:00 to 16:30 with 45 minutes for lunch)
This is a “work from home” position and candidates are expected to have a reasonable provision for working at home. This means you should have a quiet room where you can setup the kit we give you and work comfortably.
Although remote working, we are a friendly bunch and in contact with each other throughout the working day. We try to meet up once a month as a company for food or drinks.
Find out more about us and Xibo on https://xibo.org.uk.