Maintenance Team Leader - The Grand - exceptional benefits
We currently have an amazing opportunity for an experienced professional to join our highly successful team as a Maintenance Team Leader.
Reporting to the Property manager, this newly created role is a key contributor to the hotels success.
You should have a warm, personable nature, a can do attitude and an amazing eye for detail. You will thrive on the challenge of working to and delivering the highest standards at all times. You will have previous proven experience within a maintenance department in a hotel, or similar high quality and busy hospitality environment and ideally some supervisory experience.
This is a hands on role ensuring that on day to day basis, the reactive maintenance and upkeep within all 201 bedrooms, 11 meeting rooms and public areas, including GB1 restaurant, Victoria Lounge and Spa facilities is to the highest standard, ensuring total guest satisfaction.
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a great package including
including 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays); Meals on duty; Complimentary gym facilities; Work Place Pension and Life Assurance; Healthcare package; Perks and Discounts App – including e vouchers, free and flash perks with Perkbox; Salary Sacrifice Schemes – gym membership, IT, Childcare, Nursery, Holiday Buy and Sell Facility, Car Parking; Grand Recognition Scheme (with rewards including free cinema tickets, wine, Afternoon Tea, GB1 Dinner and Spa Experiences); Entry into a draw to win a mini break to Europe and beyond...; Discounted use of hotel facilities including Restaurant, Lounge and Spa; Free hotel stays and discounted accommodation staff rates in a number of locations.
As Maintenance Team Leader, your main responsibilities will include:
- Taking an hands on approach to ensure that are guest bedrooms, meetings rooms, public areas and staff areas are well maintained
- Co-ordinating the day to days tasks of the maintenance team, set by the Property Manager, allocating jobs, following up on work set to ensure that works are completed in an efficient manner and to the required standard
- Completing daily and weekly tasks as set by the Property Manager, in relation to preventative bedroom maintenance
- As directed by the Property Manager, react to data and feedback from guests and ensure that any defects highlighted are corrected and patterns recognised and followed up, in order to ensure that customer satisfaction targets set are achieved.
- Ensure that information relating to ongoing maintenance works (as well as works that cannot be completed on the same day) are communicated effectively and promptly as appropriate with other departments within the hotel.(Housekeeping, Spa, Reception, Kitchen)
- Ensure that hotel maintenance emergencies are attended to in an efficient manner - to be on call out of normal working hours when required
- Adopt a proactive positive customer service attitude for all guests’ interactions when responding to direct guest requests on shift.
To be successful in your application for the position of Maintenance Team Leader, you must have a proven track record of achievement in a general maintenance position in a quality hotel or similar establishment, with good experience in all disciplines including plumbing, and carpentry as well as:
- Well organised and structured in approach with the ability to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a passion for the highest standards
- Smart in appearance and professional.
- Ability to work well within a small team
- Flexible approach to work and working hours – a shift pattern is in operation for this role.