Practice Development Nurse
Chestnut Tree House, near Arundel is the children's hospice for East & West Sussex and South East Hampshire. We provide specialist palliative care and short breaks for children and young people with life-shortening conditions across Sussex and South East Hampshire.
We currently have the following vacancy:
Practice Development Nurse
37.5 hours per week
£35,600 - £40,500 depending on experience
Chestnut Tree House Hospice, near Arundel
- Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge?
- Are you committed to achieving clinical excellence together with promoting staff development and team satisfaction?
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic children’s nurse with recent clinical experience at a minimum of Band 6 or equivalent, with a mentorship qualification or equivalent teaching qualification, and a commitment to the learning and development of all clinical staff and nursing students.
- You will need to possess excellent leadership and organisational skills.
- You must be able to adopt a proactive approach within your role & be committed to:
- Supporting all new starters to establish safe and effective working practices
- The development and maintenance of proficiency and competence tools for care staff and the delivery and evaluation of associated training.
- Establishing education, learning and research as priorities alongside clinical care, promoting a culture of learning, enquiry, research and innovation across Chestnut Tree House.
- Cultivating relationships with the local, national and international external environment to ensure that Chestnut Tree House Children’s Hospice is proactively responding to opportunities and challenges relevant to education, learning and research.
- Maintaining a close involvement in improvement initiatives and change processes within the organisation.
- Upholding the rights of children and young people and demonstrating a commitment to safeguarding their welfare.
As our location is not accessible by public transport access to your own transport is essential
Closing date: 8th June 2018
An enhanced DBS will be sought if you are successful in this role.
- Enrolment onto our company pension scheme or the option to continue in the NHS pension scheme
- Up to 35 days’ (FTE) annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (additional annual leave provided after 5 & 10 yrs level of service)
- Free parking
- On-site education support
- Free clinical indemnity insurance cover
- Option to join Healthcare Cash Plan
- Corporate Rate Gym Membership
Please visit www.chestnut-tree-house.org.uk/jobs for an application form and job description.
Please complete the application form in as much detail as possible as we use this form to shortlist candidates. We do not require any other documents at this stage but we will ask for evidence of your right to work in the UK at interview and evidence of all qualifications you identify in your application form.