Assistant Quanity Surveyor
Assistant Quantity Surveyor/ Quantity Surveyor
A Tier 1 Main Contractor who have been around for over 100 years, possess a turnover of nearly £2.5 billion and employ 10,000 people, are now looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor/Quantity Surveyor to work on a notable project in East Sussex. Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor, your responsibilities will include and develop into:
* Carrying out the commercial role on the project in line with processes and procedures to ensure the contractual and commercial position is protected and financial performance is enhanced.
* Develop a good understanding of the wider aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental law affecting the business.
* Have a full understanding and appreciation of the contract under which your project is operating and the risks and opportunities this presents.
* Understand and implement the requirements of Health Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures and conduct all duties in a manner consistent with these.
* Develop a high level of competence in the application of IT skills to facilitate own role
* Develop a wider knowledge of business systems to manage and present business information.
* Use the CAFM platform to demonstrate our value to our clients.
* Have a clear understanding of the benefits and outputs available from our IT tools.
* Share best practice and knowledge of using the IT platforms with the wider Commercial/Project team.
* Actively seek to expand own knowledge base of working practices and industry as a whole and promote development of others.
* Identify, manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
* Be an advocate for Lean management and encourage the operational and commercial teams to look for ways to improve our services and constantly improve.
* Identify, manage and continually demonstrate the value of our service to our clients through effective use of Management Information.
* Maximise cash flow through timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
* Develop high level of understanding of planning, programming and works order tracking to ensure accurate progress reporting
* Fully understand the project measures and performance criteria and influence the performance of our suppliers and teams against these metrics.
* Production of Timely accounts for use in managing the business.
* Production of accurate and timely financial forecasts for use in setting targets.
* Establish and maintain accurate and robust reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that projects meet and / or exceed targets.
* Develop comprehensive understanding of financial models including cashflow; turnover forecasts and project profit / loss statements.
* Manage and report on the clients budget as required within the contract and constantly strive to improve the value of the service we provide.
* Develop and in-depth understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to contracts.
* Assist in the prompt preparation and settlement of all accounts.
* Ensure the prompt identification of risks in projects and implement risk management techniques, risk registers and actions plans to mitigate the risks.
* Procure services and materials in an efficient manner with organisations in accordance with company procurement policy and procedures and ensure appropriate records are kept.
* Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the requirements of the quality policy and procedures and how these are applied to individuals own role.
* Ability to develop new ideas and developing it into a different approach.
* Share any innovations with the wider team.
* Utilise commercial processes and procedures on projects in order to maximise returns in terms of profit and service level.
* Develop understanding and working knowledge of project close out processes.
* Contribute to direct reports performance appraisals.
* Contribute to the development and learning of the junior Commercial team on the projects.
* Develop a good understanding of Employment law with particular regard to issues surrounding TUPE and Pension obligations and understand when to enlist professional help.
* Ensure that the commercial function is at the heart of the project team.
* Build strong network of contacts within company and the wider business and feedback learning form the contract.
* Actively develop influencing and negotiation skills.
* Actively researches issues to identify alternatives actions and always look to implement optimum solutions.
* Minimum HNC or equivalent.
* Construction Degree/Masters educated.
* Main Contracting background.
* CSCS card.
* Minimum of 2/3 years working in the construction industry.
* Understanding of P/21 contract framework
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package, with the opportunity to progress with a global company who invest heavily in the development of their staff.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.