This opportunity is for an experienced construction professional who has been working as a Buyer and is looking to develop and continue their career working for an established main contractor based in Sussex. The company have an excellent reputation for the quality of their build programme that ranges across the private and public sectors including commercial, education, residential, heritage and leisure, with projects up to £4M in value. This company are proud of their long tradition of delivering often challenging technical projects on time and to budget, working closely with their clients to provide a collaborative, proactive and informed approach.
The role takes full responsibility for the procurement function; managing and shaping the company strategy covering materials, sub-contractors and supply chain, making an essential contribution to ensuring projects are successfully completed within budget and to specification.
Key requirements for the role:
* A clear commitment to providing a high quality approach, both internally and externally, with a strong commercial track record.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with well developed IT skills and the ability to instigate new technologies as required
* The ability to study project documentation and produce a procurement schedule for every project
* Managing and maintaining the Company's supply chain and procurement contracts
* Creating sound working relationships with all colleagues and having a collaborative approach on all procurement matters.
* Advising on any quotations that deviate from the specifications or the Company's Policies or procedures, so that the appropriate actions and instructions can be implemented.
* Production and reporting on management information including formal buying cost reports
* Production and issue of enquiries to subcontractors and suppliers to obtain competitive quotations for all packages including materials, plant and subcontractor
* Measurement from drawings, specifications and schedules for all materials and plant to obtain cost effective and competitive quotations
* Adjudication and negotiation of sub-contractors and suppliers quotations to maximise profit, and placing of orders, back to back with the Main Contract, ensuring company compliance.
To apply for this role please send your latest CV. Or to find out more about this position and have a confidential conversation about your career please call Conor Boyd on 01273 855008
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.