Senior Chef de Partie
We currently have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Senior Chef de Partie to join our highly successful team in the 2 Rosette, GB1 Seafood Restaurant within The Grand Hotel, Brighton.
At The Grand, we work towards the highest levels of guest satisfaction; as such you will be part of an award winning team who deliver amazing food quality constantly. If you are truly passionate about delivering creative dishes to the highest standard of food for your guests then we want to hear from you.
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a great package including service charge payment, complimentary gym facilities, hotel recognition scheme, discounted use of hotel facilities, free hotel stays nationwide and a high street, local attraction and retail discount programme.
Your primary responsibility in this role is manage a specific section of the kitchen, working alongside the GB1 brigade delivering a fantastic level of food quality and service at all times, maximising all opportunities and driving standards forwards.
To be successful in your application for the position, you must possess the following:
- Currently working as Senior or Chef de Partie in a fast paced restaurant, ideally at rosette standard for a minimum of 1 year.
- Have a depth of knowledge with experience of classical and modern cooking techniques.
- Can communicate to all levels professionally.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Standards orientated with an eye for detail.
- Team player
- Desire to advance
- Able to work unsupervised
- Good general education
- Knowledge and understanding of current food hygiene regulations
- Level 2 in Food Safety Catering
Your main responsibilities include:
- Take ownership of a specific kitchen section, ensuring that all food outputs are of a consistently high standard
- Ensure a smooth flow of work in your area, determining portion size and examining temperature, quality and appearance of the finished produce before serving to the customer.
- Be a role model for all standards to ensure the efficient running of the kitchen operation and the avoidance of interruptions to service.
- Adhere strictly to food hygiene regulations according to the Food Safety manual, HACCP and EHO directives.
- Ensure that food items are handled, cooked and served to company specification in accordance with the Food Safety manual.
- Assist other chefs in their section when required.
- Use clear lines of communication within the kitchen operations and with food service staff.
- Maintain operations standards to the highest possible level in respect of service, hygiene, health and safety and ensure there is minimal wastage.
If this is a challenge that excites you, then apply now!