Building your knowledge to become qualified via tasks such as:
- prepare a complete working file when preparing accounts
- prepare a file when preparing a personal tax return
- work with the portfolio manager to achieve deadlines
- VAT returns
- Sole trader accounts
- Partnerships accounts
- Limited Company accounts
- work with the partner on requested tasks
- ad hoc support with office admin duties, such as reception & phone cover as required
- assist other sections of the firm such as tax, audit and payroll as required. This may be for a 6 / 12 months period depending on the company’s needs.
- represent the firm at events when requested / invited maintaining the employer brand.
- work effectively in teams
- use a variety of software packages
- develop your analytical abilities
- grow your business knowledge.
- listen and understand to achieve working to best practice.
After gaining a foundation of knowledge you will progress to more complex clients and carry out audit work at our larger clients.
We are looking for a graduate who is committed to a career in accountancy and willing to work hard and study to gain a professional qualification. You will need drive, ambition and the ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
The successful candidate will have:
• A degree in any subject ideally at 2.1 or above
• Excellent communication skills
• Professional and personable attitude
• Driven, motivated and a team player
• Good IT skills
• Confidence working with numbers
Salary from £16,000 per annum (gross) dependent on experience and qualifications. Trainee Accountants who are actively undertaking professional studies will have a salary review every six months in October and April, with the aim of being fully qualified within 4 years and rewarded with a salary in the region of £31k.
Study package, subject to terms and conditions, including
• Professional registration fees and annual subscriptions
• Exemption fees
• Course fees
• Examination fees
• Essential text books