Assistant Manager - Smitten Lingerie to Love
Assistant Manager “Smitten – Lingerie to Love”
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic and passionate individual. Someone who believes in exceptional customer service and has experience in lingerie or fashion retailing.
You will be an essential member of the team helping to organise and run our luxury lingerie boutique opening soon in Chichester. Your role will be pivotal in ensuring the team meets its goal of exceptional customer satisfaction.
Assistant Manager responsibilities include exceptional customer service, fitting and advising of customers on all aspects of lingerie, monitoring stock and helping the owner to order merchandise based on demand. You will also research competitive products and analyse consumer behaviour to ensure our store meets and exceeds client expectations.
Our ideal candidate will have substantial retail experience and have an eye for detail and know and understand beautiful lingerie. They will understand our ethos of supplying lingerie to make our ladies feels amazing.
You should also be skilled at organising, solving problems, flexible, adaptable, love being part of a team and have great people skills.
No agencies please
To apply please send a CV and letter of application to Rachel@smittenl2l.co.uk and email@example.com
Assistant Store Manager Duties:
- Assist the Retail Store Manager in planning and implementing strategies to attract customers
- Coordinate daily customer service operations (e.g. sales processes, orders and payments)
- Track the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives
- Monitor and maintain store inventory
- Evaluate employee performance and identify hiring and training needs
- Supervise and motivate staff to perform their best
- Coach and support new and existing Sales Associates
- Monitor retail operating costs, budgets and resources
- Suggest sales training programs and techniques
- Communicate with clients and evaluate their needs
- Analyse consumer behaviour and adjust product positioning
- Promote feedback from customers
- Research emerging products and use information to update the store’s merchandise
- Create reports, analyse and interpret retail data, like revenues, expenses and competition
- Conduct regular audits to ensure the store is functional and presentable
- Make sure all employees adhere to company’s policies and guidelines
- Act as our store’s representative and set an example for our staff
- Evaluates competition by visiting competing stores; gathering information such as style, quality, and prices of competitive merchandise.
- Attracts customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; constructing or assembling prefabricated display properties; producing merchandise displays in windows and showcases, and on sales floor.
- Promotes sales by demonstrating merchandise and products to customers.
- Prepares sales and customer relations reports by analysing and categorizing sales information; identifying and investigating customer complaints and service suggestions.
- Maintains a safe and clean store environment by developing and publishing evacuation routes; determining and documenting locations of potentially dangerous materials and chemicals.
- Maintains inventory by checking merchandise to determine inventory levels; anticipating customer demand.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
(these are not an exhaustive list and are only a guide to responsibilities)
Assistant Store Manager Skills and Qualifications:
· Customer Service
· Competitive Analysis
· Management Proficiency
· Creative Services
· Supply Management
· Presentation Skills
· Analysing Information
· Basic Safety
· Understanding the Customer
· Verbal Communication
· Maths and English at level 2 or willingness to work towards
· Familiarity with financial and customer service principles
· Good math skills with the ability to create and analyse reports, spreadsheets and sales statistics
· Proficient user of MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
· Leadership and organisational abilities
· Interpersonal and communication skills
· Problem-solving attitude
· Flexibility to work in shifts
· Level 3 qualification
You will be expected to work within the values of Smitten Limited and adhere to all the company policy and procedures.
Terms and conditions
1. £20,000 annual salary
2. 20 days paid holiday
4. PRP of 10% based on achieving targets
5. Normal working hours 40 hours per week, hours normally between 09.15 to 17.30, incl a Saturday (these hours could be varied and will be changed depending upon the season)
6. Fun team environment