Hospitality Team Member
The key tasks include:
- To learn and carry out all aspects of running and maintaining a busy pub kitchen from planning and preparing all dishes to maintaining cleanliness and complying with health and safety legislation.
- To work well with the existing team and contribute to the success and reputation of the pub by delighting its customers.
Duties will include:
- Prepare and cook quality food for customers
- Prepare the kitchen and equipment for service maintaining the standards set by the management team
- Maintain standards of personal hygiene dress and appearance as required by the management team
- Abide by all kitchen procedures and systems and ensure company standards are met in relation to health and safety, food hygiene, routine cleaning, preparing, operating and maintaining the kitchen and related equipment
- Approach all work responsibilities with a positive and proactive nature; work productively harmoniously with the rest of the team
- Report daily to the head chef/house manager about quality issues, stock levels, deficiencies, equipment checks, failures and any incidents that have occurred in the kitchen
- Deliver open and closedown procedures of the kitchen at specific times
- Complete company training and development as required
- Carry out any reasonable requests that may be made by the management team
Requirements and prospects
- Manual dexterity for food preparation
- Good communication skills
The ideal candidate should have:
- A passion for food and taste and be motivated by creating excellent dishes to exceed customers' expectations
- You should love your job and be able to demonstrate a positive attitude all day every day
- Ability to cope with high stress situations and be able to diffuse them where possible
- Ability to blend in with the current team and work interactively to ensure excellent customer service is delivered
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the needs of customers, team members and to ensure that operations run smoothly and efficiently
- Ability to follow procedures and deliver high standards
Any hygiene related qualifications
- For the right candidate there is the potential to progress on to a Level 3 apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This is a busy pub on Eastbourne's seafront and you will be working in a team of 30 staff.
At busy times the work can be demanding and challenging in a hot and sometimes stressful environment. Customers must come first so breaks and hours worked will be fitted around them.
Applicants should be aware there are stairs to contend with in this work premises.
More searches like this
- Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Hastings
- Hospitality & Catering Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Hastings
- Catering Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Hastings
- Food Services Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Hastings
- Kitchen Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Hastings