IT Professional (Web Development) Apprentice
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career in website development. You will shadow, learn from and receive training in order to develop a website using appropriate technology.
The key tasks will include:
- Assist with the production, implementation and support of internet systems
- Test web software to detect and eliminate faults
- Work closely with customers of all levels of seniority and technical expertise
- Prepare technical and user advice and guidance
- Demonstrate effectiveness and professionalism – mandatory college unit
- Demonstrate an understanding of Health and Safety in ICT – mandatory college unit
The essential skills for the role include:
- Knowledge and/or experience of using computers and the Internet
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Confidence to speak on the phone and respond to members of the public
- Ability to check for accuracy and give attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively with regard to problem solving
- Good organisational skills, able to organise self to work to deadlines and meet service standards
The desirable skills for the role include:
- Understanding that you will be working in a customer focused service
- Knowledge and/or experience of using MS Word and Excel
- Understanding of computer languages such as HTML and CSS Ability to research, interpret and convey complex information and processes using appropriate data sources with regard to national legislation
- Good numerical skills to analyse statistical information Interest in local government and knowledge of local authority functions
- Keen interest in web development and web and mobile platforms
- Willing to work flexibly and supportively within a team, and on own initiative
- Smart appearance and professional manner
Focused on learning and making a difference to the public
GCSEs at grades 4/C or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are desirable.
Your IT apprenticeship will give you the knowledge, skills, experience and confidence you need to work effectively in the areas you have trained in.
Towards the end of your apprenticeship we will provide you with the support to progress into employment, education or further training, and there may be the opportunity to continue working for Wealden District Council.
Things to consider
- Transport allowance up to a maximum of £2,000
- Employee benefit scheme offering a range of discounts and salary sacrifice schemes Flexitime Discounted leisure centre membership Career average salary pension scheme All successful candidates will be required to undergo a Basic Criminal Record Disclosure and references will be obtained
- As part of this process you will be required to attend a Recruitment Day, at Wealden District Council, in Hailsham, on 10 October 2018. Interviews will then be held between 15th and 31st October 2018.
More searches like this
- Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Eastbourne
- Technology Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Eastbourne
- IT Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Eastbourne
- IT Support Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Eastbourne
- Networks & Systems Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Eastbourne