Job Title: Senior Setter
Do you have the ability to influence and guide the Setters? Do you have detailed and extensive Setting experience? Do you have knowledge and hands on experience of setting similar manufacturing equipment? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful and driven family business.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Adhere to company health and safety guidelines to ensure the safety of yourself and others
- To set production machinery and equipment.
- Complete quality checks and maintain product quality standards in line with QA specifications.
- Play an active role in maintaining housekeeping standards to ensure everyone's safety and adherence to the company's 6s programme.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance tasks to ensure the safe and efficient operation of equipment.
- To work as part of a team to help and support others and provide proactive communication to highlight problems or opportunities for improvement.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To set production machinery and equipment to achieve the correct output rate in order to complete the production plan and ensure the on time delivery of goods.
- To manufacture product to the required quality standards and record data as determined by the relevant quality standards or specifications.
- Adhere to company health and safety guidelines to ensure the safety of yourself and others. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided by the company and must be worn at all times where specified.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance tasks to ensure the safe and efficient operation of production processes and equipment.
- Play an active role in maintaining housekeeping standards to ensure everyone's safety and support the company's 5S programme.
- Working as part of a team you will be expected to work in a proactive manner and help and support others to achieve the company's goals and objectives.
- Be proactive in communicating any problems or opportunities for improvement to a manager, supervisor or team leader to ensure speedy resolution.
Person Specification - Essential
- GCSE or equivalent standard of education.
- Strong ability to influence and guide the Setters
- Detailed/extensive Setting experience
- Knowledge and hands on experience of setting similar manufacturing equipment.
- A good level of written and verbal English is required in order to understand often complex instructions, reports and quality assurance documentation.
- Skilled at operating assembly or moulding equipment.
Person Specification - Desirable
- Apprenticeship, NVQ or certified training in a manufacturing discipline.
- Certified training in setting and operating relevant equipment.
ACS are recruiting for a Senior Setter If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Senior Setter please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Senior Setter It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Senior Setter with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Senior Setter role you desire.