Business Administration Apprentice
MYT strives to be a leading youth development organisation with an ever evolving range of contemporary programmes. Formed in 2008 our organisation is not stifled by a long history or deep rooted traditions so we stay focused on what is needed and what works to achieve our mission.
Located within the MY Trust East Sussex and the Youth Employability Service, the role of Business Administration Apprentice is vital to supporting our Advisers with the work of helping young people that find it difficult to get into in education, employment and/or training.
Impact and service delivery:
- Contribute to a process of culture and practice change to create vibrant MYT hubs which are accessible to young people, partners and other stakeholders.
- Ensure accurate client record keeping through the use of our client databases.
- Maintain an up to date library of local labour market information, opportunities and resources to aid young people’s progression
- Show professionalism and a positive attitude at all times.
- Comply with policies that support equality of opportunity and actively aim to work in an antidiscriminatory way.
- To maintain the petty cash, informing the YES Team Leader when petty cash is required
- To co-ordinate the day to day appointments of Advisers
- To monitor office stationary and order through the agreed mechanism for across the county, specifically the Hastings and Eastbourne Hubs
- To minute take at team meetings
- To carry out telephone and social media tracking
- To meet targets for contracted and commissioned work as identified through your manager.
- To engage with young people to join specific programs through the ‘tracking’ process.
- Show a willingness to work flexible hours. Some projects will involve evening/weekend working.
- To undertake and complete an apprenticeship qualification at the relevant level and in the most appropriate framework, currently provided by East Sussex College Group (ESCG) · Undertake any other duties as may from time to time be required
Effective Leadership and Management:
- Prepare for and contribute to Line Management Review,
- Participate in mandatory training required by the My Trust and any assessments required by ESCG
• The postholder is expected to work within MYT’s policies and procedures, to help shape and develop them and in doing to so to champion safeguarding, diversity and safe working practice.
- As an employee, there is an expectation that the postholder from time to time may get involved in all aspects of the organisation and its work.
- The postholder will be flexible to work occasional evenings and weekends and across East Sussex as required.
An enthusiasm to support all young people aged 15-19
An interest in administrative tasks with some demonstrable experience
Ability to follow straightforward oral and written instructions
Ability to build rapport and foster good working relationships with colleagues, clients and external stakeholders where necessary
Demonstrable ability to understand the needs of customers/stakeholders and adapt the service accordingly
Ability to exchange straightforward information, orally and in writing
Can demonstrate some understanding of the organisation’s aims and objectives and how their role supports these
Ability to identify any potential gaps in your knowledge and take ownership for your own development plan
Ability to follow simple instructions and make straightforward decisions to ensure work is completed
Ability to plan and prioritise own workload
Ability to identify and solve potential problems within your own area of responsibility
Previous experience of having limited responsibility for organisational resources such as limited handling or processing of information, or the careful use of low value office equipment
Limited experience of handling financial resources, such as processing invoices
Respect for the diversity of MYT staff, volunteers, partners and young people
In addition, we are looking for:
Excellent attention to detail
Customer focussed approach
Commitment to continuous learning
Commitment to work evenings and weekends as required
Good level of written and IT skills (including MS office)
Ability to travel to our offices in Hastings and Eastbourne
Literate and numerate to Level 2 (or be willing to work towards)
Things to consider:
The MY Trust are holding an open day in relation to this vacancy on Friday 28th September 2018 at the Eastbourne office – if you would like to attend, please contact:
Area Director (Sussex and Brighton & Hove)
Email Address: Mel.Parr@themytrust.org
Telephone: 01323 410803/ 07860 753365
Medway Youth Trust’s Equal Opportunities Policy and Recruitment & Selection Policy means that we want to ensure that every applicant is treated fairly.