Apprentice Insurance Clerk
The purpose of the role is to work within a team to assist in a busy insurance office and develop the business.
The majority of the duties will include administration task.
The key tasks will include:
- Ensuring a good quality service is provided to all clients in accordance with their needs and requirements
- Ensuring full Regulatory
- Authority Compliance
- Using the phone to make calls and take calls
- Undertaking the job role whilst studying
- Using Word, Excel, Email and the Internet
- Dealing with enquiries via email
- Filing and scanning when required
- Handling incoming and outgoing post
The essential skills for the role include:
- Basic CPU skills including Word/Excel/email /Internet
- Multi phone use
- Be able to understand the importance of team work
- Show attention to detail
- Be able to demonstrate good organisational skills
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- Be a good listener, polite and dedicated
- Be prepared to take part and enjoy getting up each day
- Demonstrate willingness to work hard, but have fun too
- Willingness to help others – interest in other people and what they do
- Demonstrate understanding of good time keeping
- Keen to study and progress, learn and develop
- Be able to demonstrate a flexible approach
- Enjoy working with customers
- Attitude is the most important thing to us when we are looking for staff.
- It is important that all of our staff share our core values:-
-We work hard We have fun We look after each other, We learn We educate
The essential qualifications include maths and English GCSEs, at grades A*-C (or equivalent)
It is desirable, although not essential to have A Levels in maths and English
We are looking to take on two longer term employees to work in our busy insurance office. In addition to the NVQ we will be offering full training, including entrance to the Chartered Insurance Institute Exams.
Things to consider
We offer flexitime after a period of employment with the firm. There is a cashplan scheme from day one and a pension after 6 months. A full DBS check will be undertaken before you begin the role. After 12 months the salary will increase to £13,000 per year. The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).