Apprentice Team Leader
We are looking for somebody to join us as a Team Leader within our small but fast-expanding business based in the Manor Royal Business District in Crawley, West Sussex. Our core business is supplying to the coffee industry, specialising in quality Italian espresso machine parts to coffee engineers around the UK.
The successful applicant will join the management team, overseeing the small team who manage sales administration, logistics and service. They will be required to support the team in processing the sales orders that come in via our websites, email & over the phone, as well as raising invoices, driving business development and customer support
Key tasks will include (but are not limited to)
- Overseeing the daily management of the sales, logistics and service operations. - Supplier liaison and purchasing.
- Managing the processing of orders that come from the website, emails and phone calls.
- Customer support. - Managing stock levels based on sales analysis.
- Liaising with team members to source information for customer enquiries (e.g. working with technical department to find out about what parts a customer may need).
- Working closely with our partners to manage the orderly flow of espresso machines coming into the warehouse and out to customers.
- An interest in or knowledge of the UK coffee industry would be desirable
- The successful applicant needs to be flexible, versatile and open-minded as we are making changes to adjust for growth, new services and new products and we are working to make our work flow more efficient. We're looking for a team member who will really get involved and take an interest in our business development whilst not being afraid to question our current operations. Bring your great ideas with you!
- Experience of working within a Supervisory or Team Leading position
- Assertive, confident and proven ability to lead a team
- Excellent telephone manner
- Strong verbal & written communication skills (with both customers and team members).
- Good IT skills
- Multi-lingual (Italian is a big plus). - An interest in or knowledge of the UK coffee industry.
- Good communicator with a positive outlook and ability to communicate clearly.
- A positive disposition with the ability to multi task and problem solve.
- Self-motivated and self-starting.
- Thick skinned optimism.
- Able to cope under pressure.
- Passionate about providing great customer service.
- Eager to learn.
- Good Team worker
- Leads from the front
- GCSE Grades A to C would be preferred
- Fluent English spoken
- 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 9am - 6pm Lunch break: 1 hour (30 mins Paid, 30 mins unpaid).
Expected apprenticeship duration - 13 months
It is anticipated that upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship, and assuming good performance, that a permanent position as Team Leader will be available.
- Specialty coffee barista training
- Coffee from some of the best roasters in the UK on tap
- Access to all UK coffee events.
- Guaranteed career growth
- Staff Treats membership. - Access to a range of corporate benefits and schemes such as the easit card and cycle-to-work scheme.
Training to be provided
- Level 2 Certificate in Team Leading
- Functional Skills Qualification in English (Level 1)
- Functional Skills qualification in Information and Communication Technology (Level 1)
- Functional Skills Qualification in Maths (Level 1)
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities