Apprentice Accounts and Compliance Clerk
The purpose of the role goes to the heart of our business. Great ethics and good cashflow underpin everything we do. This role is about facts and figures and how they are used to support the business.
This is an office based role. You’ll be working with our accounts people as well as our team of advisors so we’re looking for someone who likes being with other people and communicates well.
The key tasks will include:
- Preparing client and insurer accounts
- Reconciling statements
- Preparing Management Information
- Using spreadsheets and macros
- Collecting information, analysing figures, identifying trends and writing reports
- Keeping accurate records
- Filing and general office admin
- We will increase your salary as your knowledge grows – we review apprentices salaries every three months. Successful apprentices can expect to be earning £13,000 per year by the time they complete their apprenticeship.
Our ideal team member will be:
- Organised and detail minded
- Precise and accurate
- Able to demonstrate basic computer skills (word, email, excel, Internet)
Attitude is the most important thing to us – we are looking for cheerful people who share our core values. Our ideal candidate will:
- Be prepared to take part in life and enjoy getting up each day
- Enjoy a challenge, work hard and have fun
- Care about other people – take an interest in other people and what they do
- Want to study and progress, learn and develop
The essential qualifications include maths and English GCSEs, at grades A*-C (or equivalent) It is desirable, although not essential to have A Levels in maths and English
We want to work with people who want a career in a great profession. We have a track record of offering permanent positions to apprentices who impress us and our people go on to achieve incredible things. We will teach you how to use Sage, the internationally recognised accounting software program as well as help you develop your Excel skills. During your apprenticeship, and in addition to your NVQ, we will support you in obtaining the Chartered Insurance Institute qualification - Foundation in Insurance. If we offer you a permanent job we will provide training and support in your second year which will enable you to obtain qualifications from either the CII, AAT or CISI, depending on your chosen career path.
Things to consider
We will increase your salary as your knowledge grows – we review apprentices salaries every three months. Successful apprentices can expect to be earning £13,000 per year by the time they complete their apprenticeship.
When you’ve been with us for three months we will offer you flexitime. You’ll be able to flex your work around our core hours to suit your lifestyle. You could also earn an extra 13 days holiday a year. There is a cashplan scheme from day one to pay towards optical and dental treatment and a pension after 6 months.
A full DBS check will be undertaken before you begin the role. We will also need a personal credit check and a sanctions search.