Contract: 35 hours per week
Responsible to: Marketing & Recruitment Manager
Closing Date: Wednesday 31st October
Interviews: Tuesday 6th November
To start: ASAP
Dv8 Sussex delivers creative vocational courses at Level 1, 2 and 3 to young people aged 16 - 18 in Media, Music, Art, Fashion, Games and Event Management. Our courses are delivered in small classes, with practical, industry-led project briefs to guide the learning and curriculum. We are driven by strong shared values around supporting young people to be successful in work and life and can regularly celebrate the positive impact our courses have had on a young person. We are looking for someone who can share our values and make a significant contribution to the next stage of the college’s development.
As Dv8 continues to grow this is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic person to join the company and be responsible for implementing the recruitment processes overseen by the Marketing & Recruitment Manager.
- Being the first point of contact for any enquiries regarding joining the college and being responsive to requests from young people, parents/carers and referral agencies to visit the centre and arrange interviews
- Positively promote Dv8 programmes at all times, contributing to both internal and external communications around our courses, our staff, students and positive news stories..
- Ensuring all new applicants are recorded on our internal MIS systems (Arbor, Google Sheets)
- Contacting applicants in a timely manner and arranging initial interviews and centre tours
- Conducting interviews or arranging interviews to be conducted by the teaching/support teams and supporting in the process
- Ensuring that all information on student numbers is up-to-date and to assist in the creation of reports and data analysis around recruitment
- Managing a range of correspondence including interview invites and offer letters across post, phone, email and SMS
- Attending a range of school and college events across East and West Sussex to promote the college and drive up recruitment numbers
- To assist in student enrolment and support to successfully infill onto courses when necessary
- To support with the student experience through contribution to moving on days, student voice, alumni programme, taster days and open evenings
Networking and generating new opportunities:
- Attending a range of networking events and developing contacts within the local area
- Recruiting businesses and employers who can offer work experience or internships
- Supporting with the admin and recruitment to summer school programmes, space hire and training courses in addition to the 16 - 18 study programmes
- Recruitment Officers are expected to use their close links with the student body and tutors to generate marketing content through photographs, videos and testimonials that can be share with the Marketing Officer.
- To act as the mouthpiece of the college, understanding and promoting the key principles of Dv8’s mission, vision and values, inside and outside of the organisation.
- Build relationships and links with local employers who can offer work placements / internship placements to our students
- Secure industry placements for our Paid Internship Programme (PIP), ensuring targets are met for all students on programme to participate in a 16 week placement.
- Previous experience of working with young people in an education or youth work setting
- Ability to communicate effectively with young people and provide clear information, advice and guidance within a 1-2-1 setting
- Possess excellent presentation skills
- Possess Excellent literacy, numeracy and communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Adaptable to flexible working hours during busy periods
- Possess Excellent IT skills (particularly around MIS systems, Word, Excel and Google Drive usage)
- Ability to work well independently and meet deadlines
- Target driven with ability to meet agreed goals.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Willingness to develop own professional capacity and evaluate practice
- Experience of working in admissions / recruitment
- Own car and driving licence
- Previous experience of teaching
To apply for this position, please visit our website and complete our application form: http://www.dv8sussex.com/jobs/