Application Development Manager - B&CE
Are you currently an IT Development Manager with strong experience of SDLC, Agile and Microsoft Azure but now looking for a new challenging within a fast-growing company?
We have an exciting new role within our IT Department, as the Application Development Manager you’ll be responsible for managing and developing an effective and efficient IT Development function that supports the software needs of the group’s activities.
In addition to managing a team of Developers you’ll also be working closely with the Head of Design & Architecture to help develop on-going ‘road map’ for B&CE’s software within our strategic aims
Some key responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the team’s performance against agreed objectives and key performance indicators.
- Leading and managing staff, develop team working principles which encourage a positive and collaborative working environment.
- Managing the quality and accuracy of code and data ensuring compliance with Data Protection and company policy.
- Escalate appropriate issues to the Head of Solution Delivery for resolution.
- Manage, plan and organise team resources to satisfy output requirements for projects, change requests and support.
- Provide advice and support to the Programme Management Office and other stakeholders for projects and changes which impact on the IT function.
- Design and develop appropriate software for in-house systems to deliver identified requirements for the business.
- Use initiative to plan and organise work schedules to satisfy deadlines, workflow and output requirements.
- Recommend technical developments and software to enhance/improve the operational capability of IT systems.
Right for this role?
- Detailed knowledge, understanding and application of IT Development Tools primarily based on Microsoft Platform
- Good knowledge and experience of using SQL Server including database design.
- Experience as technical lead in projects
- IT Development experience gained in a financial services environment (Desirable)
B&CE is an equal opportunities employer. We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect. We are committed to treating all our people (and all who apply for a role at B&CE) equally.
Our people are our strength so finding ways to value and reward them is important to us. That’s why we offer an award-winning pension – it’s what we’re good at – plus health care cover, an onsite gym, access to a personal trainer… even the odd massage. And if they’re feeling peckish after all that activity, they can always refuel in our subsidised restaurant or grab some fruit – we get a big delivery every week. Discover more of B&CE’s employee benefits including our training programme, which is designed to give our people the support they need to develop a fulfilling career on our website