Sysops Team Lead
Role: SysOps Team Lead
Are you an experienced SysOps Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or a Senior Database Administrator based in Brighton? If you are my client, a software company, has the perfect opportunity!
Search are recruiting for a engineer to join our client's SysOps team, as they transition to DevOps. As part of the transition process, the business has established their cloud service with AWS, and are now looking to migrate the data away from MySQL into the cloud.
This really is an excellent opportunity for a experienced engineer to further their skills, and progress their career by moving beyond BAU into driving improvement with the platform - don't miss out!
* Investigating and resolving last-line support issues
* Normalising and migrating the current Galera/MariaDB base to AWS RDS
* Working with the development teams where necessary to identify and resolve bugs
* Investigating trends in monitoring data to identify issues with ELK / New Relic
* Maintaining and improving the software deployment and configuration CI/CD systems
* Out of hours on-call (1 week per month with 1 s/w release that week)
* 50% Project / 50% BAU work balance with 1 day / week WFH option and travel to the
* Backend support of the LAMP stack
* RDBMS Database administration (ideally MySQL / percona / mariadb and Galera)
* MariaDB/MySQL to RDS migration
* Linux administration (Ideally RHEL/AWS/Ubuntu)
* Web support (Apache Httpd & Nginx, Load balancers)
* Scripting/automation (ideally Bash/perl/python/ansible)
* DevOps experience (ideally Ansible / Go / Jenkins / Travis / ELK)
* Highly self motivated, can-do attitude, eager to learn and progress
* Ability to take ownership of projects and drive through change
* Excellent time management skills - able to manage project and team workloads
* Great communication abilities on multiple levels (technical, business & external customers)
* Confident in presenting technical concepts and mentoring team members
* A strong work ethic combined with an ability to contribute to a positive team environment
* Previous experience with an ESP (Email Service Provider)
* Enterprise Cloud Server (ideally AWS - EC2 / Route53 / S3)
* Supporting Enterprise-scale MX/MTAs (ideally PowerMTA)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.