Senior Data Architect
Don’t just follow digital trends, Help create one.
Building strong relationships with our Customers is at the heart of our success at American Express. We are looking for a Senior Data Architect who can shape and drive out innovative, transformational data architectures both at domain and enterprise levels, to enhance our customer relationships and deliver exceptional value to our shareholders. American Express is modernizing at pace, and you will be at the heart of a growing team of data management professionals focused on providing world-class data management solutions that underpin this transformation. You will get to partner closely with talented Product Owners, Architects, and Engineers to define, and execute, the vision and roadmap for some of our most critical platforms and products. Your goal will be to maximize the value of our data assets, by enabling the right information to be in the right place at the right time.
As a Senior Data Architect, you'll be providing your leadership to a small project team of Data Architects and Data Engineers, understanding and analysing business needs, developing data architectures that are business-focussed, adaptable, and scalable. One day, you might be solving problems for high-volume OLTP platforms; the next day, for Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence platforms. You will be looking for opportunities to apply your deep knowledge and experience of designing high-performance data architectures, producing the right design for the task at hand.
No two days are the same, but the Senior Data Architect's responsibilities can include:
- Working with Business Partners and Product Owners to understand, and influence, the vision and roadmap for your portfolio.
- Building out your data architecture vision and strategy, and communicating it to key stakeholders. Showing how your architecture delivers real value to our Customers and our Shareholders
- Analysing the product backlog to determine the information needs of your platforms and consumers
- Leading small project teams of Data Architects and Data Engineers designing detailed data architectures. Producing conceptual, logical and physical data models, interface specifications, data flow diagrams, and a range of other models as needed, using industry-leading modelling tools
- Ensuring seamless handovers of your designs to Software and Data Engineering teams in line with the Agile delivery cadence
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Significant proven Data Architecture experience, working both at an Enterprise and Domain levels, including major transformation programmes
- Expert in designing data architectures for both distributed OLTP environments, and data warehouse/business intelligence environments
- Strong interpersonal skills (leadership, facilitation, stakeholder management, and presentation)
- Knowledge of software/application architectures, in particular microservices
- Knowledge of data processing technologies such as ETL software and databases (including relational and NoSQL)
- Experience in working with contemporary project and design methodologies (Agile/Scrum/Kanban, Domain-Driven Design)
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2018, 12:19:03 PM