Building Maintenance Apprenticeship
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated enthusiastic individual to join the company.
You will be working under supervision and duties will include.
- Carry out painting and tiling tasks.
- Carry out plumbing maintenance and repairs.
- Carry out internal and external building fabric maintenance.
- Working with external contractors.
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Erecting & Dismantling access/working platforms in the workplace
- Clearing the site and handing over on completion in the workplace
- Maintaining non-structural carpentry work in the workplace
- Maintaining non-structural or structural components in the workplace
- Repairing, replacing and renewing gate, post and fencing in the workplace
- Applying Paint systems by brush and roller in the workplace
- Hanging standard paper wall coverings in the workplace
- Preparing background surfaces for plastering, tiling, panelling or painting/decorating in the workplace
- Repairing and maintaining masonry structures in the workplace
- Repairing basic stonemasonry structures in the workplace
- You will need to have a flexible approach to your work, a commitment to quality and excellence and be able to work under pressure.
- Excellent Customer Service and Communication Skills
- Willing to learn
- Attention to detail
- Tidy and well presented
- Keen to learn and wants to succeed
- Good work ethic
Good GCSE results (A-C or equivalent) are desirable.
After successful completion of the apprenticeship a full time position could be possible.
Things to consider We are looking to recruit somebody who is well presented, keen to learn and wants to succeed. Every day/week with MAC property is different and challenging a flexible approach is essential. Wages to be reviewed for an increase after 6 months.