Digital Media Tutor (Level 3)
Contract: Fixed Term, Term Time Only (To be reviewed annually in line with funding programme requirements)
Days: Wednesday, 9.15am – 5.15pm
Salary: £23k – 24k pro rata, per annum (based on a full-time equivalent of 52 weeks per year, 35 hours per week)
Closing Date: Wednesday 6th March, 6pm
Interview Date: Friday 8th March
Job purpose: To teach on the Level 3 Digital Media course at Dv8’s Brighton Centre.
Course details: http://www.dv8sussex.com/media-production-course/
For the full job description and to apply, please visit our website: https://www.dv8sussex.com/jobs/
Summary of role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for co-delivering the Level 3 Cambridge Technical Diploma in Media Production (OCR) Digital Media students. We are seeking an individual with knowledge and experience of the media industry, coupled with an ability to deliver training in these areas. It would be advantageous to have skills in the areas of A/V editing, digital photography and an awareness of the principles of digital design.
The Level 3 Media Production Course
The Media Production course at Dv8 helps learners to develop their skills across numerous media-related disciplines. This is to enable them to become versatile, multi-disciplinary practitioners in a buoyant area of the economy. Students develop skills in DSLR use and lighting techniques, websites and digital design, Virtual Reality technologies, audio capture and processing, narrative construction and copywriting, script development, production skills and project management.
Our tutors draw upon practical experience and industry specialisms to inspire and motivate our students. Dv8 Sussex prides itself on project-based learning, with real outcomes, often involving local industry. This is coupled with opportunities to showcase success and innovation.
Dv8 Sussex specialises in delivering innovative training for young people in creativity and media-related topics, all taught by industry professionals and designed to provide real skills for working in a creative environment.
We recognise the strengths of learning through doing something that is challenging, inspiring and fun. The young people on our courses are supported to progress into employment, apprenticeships or further education following their time with us. All courses contain qualifications embedded within activities and projects as well as targeted support for English and maths.
Dv8 Sussex is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding all learners enrolled on our programmes and appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory references being obtained, and an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Key Duties Associated with the job role
- Plan, deliver and assess on the L3 Media course at Dv8 Brighton.
- Using industry links and experience, create exciting, engaging and relevant lessons for our students.
- Ensure all assessment requirements are met in a timely fashion, with student work appropriately assessed and tracked throughout, awarding body processes followed, and work stored suitably for moderation.
- Ensure attendance, retention, achievement and progression of learners meet organisational Key Performance Targets
- Ensure all teaching, learning and assessment processes are recorded and evidenced using the appropriate documents, including schemes of work, Individual Learning Plans and student course files.
- Ensure students are supported to achieve all main course aims and complete the full programme.
- To take a lead role in maintaining attendance and retention of students.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with young people and provide advice and support at all times.
- Engage guest speakers and organise enrichment trips relevant to the course.
- Support the initial assessment process to identify each learner’s appropriate level of learning and Maths & English levels.
- Use initial and on-going assessment to identify additional social and learning needs within our students, referring students to Learning Support team where appropriate.
- Work in collaboration with the Learning Support team to ensure students with additional learning and support needs are fully supported to achieve all programme aims.
- Ensure that each student’s learning journey is monitored and supported through the completion of an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and termly reviews are completed thoroughly in a timely manner.
- Support learners to identify and achieve progression aims onto further education, apprenticeships or other employment options.
- Support students in gaining work experience placements.
- Ensure that safeguarding of learners and staff at Dv8 is paramount at all times.
- Ensure all quality assurance, course review and improvement processes are followed and that quality improvement plans are implemented within programmes.
- Ensure that Dv8’s Equality & Diversity policies, procedures and initiatives are actively promoted to all staff and learners at all times
Skills Required for the Post
- Hold a level 4 teaching qualification, or be enrolled on a course to gain a relevant qualification (or with prior teaching experience a willingness to undertake such training immediately).
- Excellent knowledge of vocational skills as required for the course.
- Substantial experience of working within an education environment.
- Strong understanding of, or experience in planning for and working with, a wide range of learning needs and abilities, including SEN.
- Experience of managing a varied learning environment, comprising of full class, one-to-one and small group sessions.
- Ability to plan, deliver and assess engaging and effective and adaptable programmes of learning.
- Ability to build positive relationships with young people.
- Effective skills in managing classroom behaviour and creating firm boundaries.
- Awareness of safeguarding issues affecting young people.
- Willingness to develop own professional capacity and evaluate practice.
- Experience of working for a lead learning provider.
- Ability to teach a variety of vocational areas.
- At least 2 years experience of delivering accredited learning
- Experience of working in Further Education and/or Creative Vocational Education.
- Youth work, IAG or counselling qualifications
*Please note each Dv8 course will have an assigned lead. They will coordinate the communication with other tutors and the learning support team and oversee tracking and assessment. For more information on the salary and criteria for this role please enquire with your application.