Support Worker Brighton
To enable vulnerable young people living in a variety of different supported accommodations to manage their tenancies and move towards greater independence within the community by providing a flexible and individually tailored support package.
- Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Unit Manager.
- Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions
- Create support/action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
- Support service users to undertake tasks and living activities wherever possible to help the service users move towards independence.
- Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers in the local community
- Empower customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to.
- Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive records to professional standards.
- Adhere to Nelbro Policies and Procedures.
- Engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned.
- Deliver a service user focused care.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is essentially customer–focused