5 days left
- Full Time
We have taken positive steps in developing our site management’s approach to the ‘customer’s journey’. Through investment in facilities, systems and processes we have experienced growth in participation but it is essential for us to continue to explore new opportunities for investment and partnership, to inspire active lifestyles within our communities.
As the first point of contact you will be critical in providing a first class customer services experience by welcoming customers positively and ensure efficiency of service and administration at reception.
- To actively manage and develop and motivate a team of operational staff.
- To be responsible for the day to day duty management and running of the leisure centre to the highest standard.
- To contribute to and understand the business and budgetary performance of the centre.
- To be a proactive member of the leisure centre team
- Staff Teams
- Centre Manager
- Senior Management Team
- Estates & Facilities Team
- Human Resources Department
- General Public
- External bodies as appropriate
- To contribute to operating the Leisure Centre in a professional and business orientated manner, in accordance with the organizations aims and objectives, recognising the need to achieve all targets and other performance indicators set.
- To ensure that the highest level of customer service is being delivered at all times, by all team members recognizing and communicating its importance and relevance to the success of the organisation.
- To supervise centre staff on a day to day basis, ensuring performance potential is optimized and all work is carried out to the high standards set, and motivation and morale levels are high, utilizing Human Resource policies and procedures for consistent practice.
- Ensure that customer comments and complaints are handled professionally, with issues being referred as and when necessary, to the appropriate member of staff.
- To ensure customers are provided with a safe environment and that staff carry out their duties and comply with all safe systems of work, as defined in the Normal Operating Procedures (NOP’s). All plant and machinery is to be operated according to NOP’s.
- To act in the event of the emergency in accordance with Emergency Action Procedures, (EAP’s), taking responsibility for the performance of staff and the outcome of the action.
- To actively assist the Manager in the implementation of marketing initiatives.
- To ensure the Centre is opened and closed down in accordance with procedures and secured at the end of the operating hours.
- To undertake performance reviews for relevant team members on an annual basis ensuring feedback on performance is given regularly in line with the policy and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with your team on a timely basis ensuring robust systems exist so that staff feel informed and involved
- To have responsibility for risk management and health and safety in the workplace.
- To fully participate in the performance review process and personal development planning.
- Undertake training as necessary in line with the development of the post and agreed with your line manager.
- Occasionally training or meetings are organized outside normal working hours. The post holder will be expected to attend whenever reasonably practicable.
- To achieve and demonstrate agreed standards of personal and professional development within agreed timescales.
- To undertake any other duties at the request of the line manager which are commensurate with the role, including project work, internal job rotation and absence cover.
- We believe that our community vision starts with our staff and permeates through all our business, so we recognize the need to always protect the image and reputation of Wave Leisure. It is therefore a condition of employment that all our employees uphold our beliefs by positively promoting and representing Wave Leisure.
Apply for Duty Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly