We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Herdsperson to form an integral part of our growing team at Plumpton College. Our farming operation is a fully commercial enterprise whilst at the same time providing a learning resource demonstrating best practice in all that we do. We have a state of the art dairy unit and are seeking an experienced Herdsperson to deliver the highest standard of dairy operations on our 280 cow high performing Holstein herd. We offer exceptional facilities, a great working environment and career development.
The ideal candidate will need to:
- Be both qualified and experienced to carry out all tasks associated with a high performing dairy herd.
- Ensure the highest welfare standards are in place.
- Be well organised and have the drive and enthusiasm to work with students as part of their daily work.
- Have the interest and ability to ensure the dairy enterprise performs to the highest level.
- Be a good communicator and have relevant current knowledge of farm recording systems.
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team with a flexible approach to work.
- Hold a full clean driving license and associated industry qualifications.
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and free on-site parking. Accommodation is also provided for this role. This is a full time, permanent, shift based role in which you would work 11 days on and 3 days off.
At Plumpton College we are Ambitious & Progressive, Enterprising, Professional, Supportive and Passionate about everything we do – if you share these values and would like to be part of our growing team then we’d like to hear from you.
To apply please click "apply now" and complete an application form.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 18th April at 9.00am
Interviews will be held: Thursday 25th April