As part of a team, provide 1st and 2nd line support and excellent customer service in the areas of; WLR, SIP, Hosted Telephony, PBX Telephony and Internet Services including managed services.
- To provide 1st and 2nd line support to customer with fixed line faults covering PSTN, ISDN2, ISDN30 and DSL Broadband.
- To provide 1st and 2nd line support to customers with physical and hosted telephone systems.
- To understand and confidently investigate LAN faults in relation to DSL Broadband installs.
- To understand and confidently interact with the Openreach network and services.
- Answer the phone within the agreed target time and as a minimum, to meet any agreed personal call target.
- To diagnose, log, action and follow through to resolution all faults, including escalations whilst keeping the customer informed of progress.
- To update your line manager on any outstanding faults or that have breached their SLA, in a timely manner.
- To adhere and contribute to the company’s quality system and processes, and their maintenance.
- Actively contribute to and promote the use of best practice and continual service improvement within the team.
- Contributing to the success of the department and the company.
- Customer service focussed with an excellent telephone manner.
- A demonstrable ability to follow process and build a reassuring rapport with customers.
- The ability to remain calm and composed when dealing with a difficult customers to establish confidence whilst an issue is resolved.
- To quickly gather the right information from the customer, analyse the issue and take appropriate and timely action.
- Target focussed, and able to keep on top of all tasks and escalations whilst assuring excellent customer service at all times.
- Accurate numeracy, written and data entry skills.
- An analytical and methodical problem solver.
- Be adaptable to change in processes.
- An ability to deliver clear and articulate information to customers and colleagues adjusting language and detail to suit the audience, whether it is verbal or written.
- Solid experience in reporting issues to suppliers, chasing and doing all that is possible to ensure incidents are resolved in a timely manner and that the customer is kept informed.
- A detailed-oriented individual, who can estimate and prioritize effectively, to meet deadlines, organised, co-ordinated and pro-active.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and maintaining clear and accurate task and customer data.
- A real team player who collaborates with all members of the team and business, one who is willing to listen, as well as share knowledge, help understanding and develop ideas across the team. Above all to actively contribute to ensuring an efficient and cohesive team effort.
- Be willing to go the extra mile for the sake of the customer and the business.
- Sales incentives, including trips abroad, days/afternoons out
- Pension Scheme
- Tax Free Childcare Initiative
- Perkbox membership
- Focus Discount Card (for local retailers)
- Daily Fruit (complimentary)
- Free tea & coffee in the office
- Focus Awards Ceremony
- Participation in charity and sports events
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Training and development plans
- Interest Free Travel Loan
- Regular company and team social events (including a Summer & Christmas party)
- Yearly eye test & spectacle voucher
- Access to well-being champions
- Financial advice
Apply for Support Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly