- Employer: Swim UK
- Posted: 07 November 2014
- Expires: 05 December 2014
- Postcode: BN41 1HU
- Location: Brighton
- Industry: Training
- Contract: Temporary
- Hours: Flexible
- Salary: £Competitive
What is this qualification?
Functional Skills are the essential skills needed for ENGLISH, MATHS and ICT, vital for young people and adults to participate in life, learning and work. Functional Skills feature in most educational and training choices.
Swim UK's sister company, Pavilion Training, currently offers 5 different levels of each functional skill qualification.You will work with Pavilion Training to decide the most appropriate level to start with.
· Entry 1 will suit you if you'd like to start with the basics by familiarising yourself with the language and tools involved, and by learning to solve short, simple problems.
· Entry 2 will suit you if you have a bit of background knowledge or a qualification at Entry 1. You'd like to start building your skills by learning to solve straightforward problems in familiar contexts.
· Entry 3 will suit you if you have some background knowledge in your chosen subject area but feel you need a little more support or guidance before moving on to Level 1.
· Level 1 will suit you if you would like to learn some knowledge and basic skills before moving onto the more complex knowledge within level 1.
· Level 2 will suit you if you have some knowledge and basic skills and are ready to handle more complex problems, involving often unfamiliar contexts. You'd like to learn how to express, understand or apply more advanced concepts or ideas.
You must be aged 16 years of age or over.
How is this course assessed?
Each qualification is assessed through either computer or paper based examinations. Within the English qualifications you will also be assessed on your communication and listening skills through group discussions.
How much is the course?
£299.00 per person. Funding is available for job seekers, please contact Swim UK to see if you are eligible.
· Contact us if you are interested in any of these courses or would like more information.
There a currently two funding options available:
1. If you are 19 years of age or over and claiming an eligible benefit you may be able to receive the course for free!
2. If you are working in the leisure industry on average 30 hours per week you may be eligible for an apprenticeship.
Contact Swim UK for further information Call - 01273 434400 / firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to attend a course please complete the application form below and email it to email@example.com. Please read the information sheet before completing the application form.
Please mention you found this opportunity on BrightonAndHoveJobs.com website.
If you are a recruitment agency, please do not contact this employer directly, as their advertising agreement is with BrightonAndHoveJobs.com