Less than 8 weeks ago BrightonandHoveJobs.com announced their charity initiative for 2012 where they decided to support not just one charity but an impressive four from the local area.
As soon as the campaign was launched on BrightonandHoveJobs.com there was a flurry of applications from charities right across Brighton, Hove, Worthing and beyond – and from all types of different organisations. Applications were received right up to the deadline last week.
BrightonandHoveJobs.com were keen to support different organisations but all with the same common denominator; to help and support people in Brighton and Hove and the surrounding areas. Today we are delighted to announce that the four charities receiving support this year are:
- Rockinghorse – the charity that makes life better for sick and disabled children in Sussex and Surrey
- Grace Eyre – a charity to help people with learning disabilities in Brighton & Hove gain independence, obtain housing &find employment
- Impact Initiatives and their Young People’s Centre – for young people aged 13 to 25 who need some support and stability in their lives.
- The Martlets Hospice – helping people to live life as fully as they can, right up until the end.
These four lucky organisations will be supported with:
- Complimentary recruitment advertising for the year
- Complimentary volunteer recruitment
- A dedicated information page on the BrightonandHoveJobs.com website
- 1 e-newsletter announcing support and a specific ‘call to action’
- Increased brand awareness across all sectors
- Increased fundraising potential and opportunities for networking
- 2 Corporate tickets for Brighton & Hove Albion for auction
- Opportunity for other media opportunities across all genres
“Choosing between all the charities was genuinely a difficult and testing process. However, I am delighted with the organisations that we have chosen and am EXTREMELY confident that this project will have a positive impact on both their businesses and the volunteering community in general.” said Founder Gary Peters. “Whilst supporting every charity with money is not physically possible, we are delighted to proactively support the third sector and have offered everyone who applied FREE volunteering recruitment for 2012 when using BrightonandHoveJobs.com.”
At the end of the year it is proposed that a joint fundraising and networking event will be put in place. Should anyone like to show their support with auction items or sponsorship for this event please contact: email@example.com
Notes to Editors: BrightonandHoveJobs.com are a local job board created purely for the city of Brighton & Hove and its surrounding areas. By working with the cities best employers and training providers, we not only advertise the region’s best jobs but we also work proactively to create local jobs for local people.
Launched in September 2010, BrightonandHoveJobs.com has rapidly become the local hub for all of the city’s best jobs and employment challenges. Representing the city of Brighton & Hove and all of its commutable areas, BrightonandHoveJobs.com has been created to become the city’s one stop shop for all local job opportunities, employment, volunteering and training information. Our job board is here to aid the city’s employers and service providers to promote job vacancies and employment challenges direct to the local community. By working strategically with our private and public sector partners, our aims are to:
Founding partners of the site are American Express, Bupa International, Domestic & General, City College, Legal & General and Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club.