Terms & Conditions
Jobseekers and recruiters - GENERAL
Terms of website use
These terms & conditions (together with the documents referred to on it) tell you the terms & conditions on which you may make use of our website brightonandhovejobs.com (our site). Please read these terms & conditions carefully before you start to use the site. By using our site, you indicate that you accept these terms & conditions use and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these terms & conditions, please refrain from using our site. (our site). Please read these terms & conditions carefully before you start to use the site. By using our site, you indicate that you accept these terms & conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these terms & conditions, please refrain from using our site.
Information about us
- 2.1 Brightonandhovejobs.com is a site operated by The I.C Partnership LTD ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 4284675 and have our registered office at 12-13 Ship Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1AD. Our main trading address is Sussex County Cricket Ground, Eaton Road, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 3AN. Our VAT number is 792600621. We provide our site for the sole purpose of allowing job seekers, employers and other service providers to post CVs, job advertisement and other related materials on our site. We do not supply any vetting, reviewing or recruitment services. All information provided on our site is provided by third party providers, and we accept no liability for the accuracy of any information uploaded on this website. By accepting these terms and conditions you acknowledge that we do not operate as an employment agency and give no guarantees about:
- 2.1.1 any prospects of success;
- 2.1.2 the availability or suitability of a job; or
- 2.1.3 the quality or timeliness of a response by a job seeker or employer.
- 2.2 Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 We operate our site purely as a forum only and do not introduce or engage individual applicants to employment businesses (or vice versa). We do not:
- 2.2.1 obtain sufficient information for potential employment businesses to select a suitable applicant for the assignment which that business seeks to satisfy;
- 2.2.2 obtain confirmation of the identity of an applicant or that they meet any fo the criteria expected for the assignment, including but not limited to experience, training, qualifications or work permits / visas or that they wish to undertake the role to be filled;
- 2.2.3 take any steps to ensure the applicant and employment business are each aware of any requirement imposed by law or otherwise which must be satisfied prior to engagement;
- 2.2.4 take any steps to ensure that it would not be detrimental to the interests of the applicant or employment business for the applicant to be engaged for the particular assignment; or
- 2.2.5 give any indication to employment businesses whether applicants are unsuitable (or suitable) for any position to be filled in any circumstances.
Accessing our site
- 3.1 Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- 3.2 You must treat any password we provide/you choose as confidential, and must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification or password at any time, or cease the provision of any advertising services, if, in our opinion, you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms & conditions.
- 3.3 When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy
- 3.4 You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Intellectual property rights
- 4.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it, including, but not limited to, the jobseeker database. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- 4.2 You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference, but you must not use any part of the materials on our site, whether provided by us or a third party, for commercial purposes.
- 4.3 If you print off, copy or download any part of our site in breach of these terms & conditions, your right to use our site will cease immediately and we reserve the right to terminate your account immediately without liability and without prejudice to any actions we may have against you.
- 4.4 You warrant and represent that any material you upload on our site, or supply to us to upload, does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. You agree to indemnify us, and keep us indemnified, against any claim that you have breached this provision 4.4.
- 5.1 The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- 5.1.1 All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- 5.1.2 Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- 5.1.3 for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
- 5.2 This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Uploading material to our site
- 7.1 Whenever you upload material to our site, or make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
- 7.2 Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- 7.3 We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
- 7.4 We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
- 8.1 You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- 8.2 By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- 8.3 We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it..
Linking to our site
- 9.1 You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- 9.2 You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- 9.3 Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
- 9.4 If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
- 11.1 The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site.
- 11.2 These terms & conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
Brightonandhovejobs.com is a trade mark of The IC Partnership Ltd.
We may revise these terms & conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these terms & conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
- 14.1 We do not warrant that:
- 14.1 our site will operate error free or without interruptions; or
- 14.2 all program defects in relation to our site will be corrected.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You warrant that all information and content you provide in relation to the advertising services is accurate.
- 17.1 You acknowledge that:
- 17.1.1 we are not responsible for any information provided by any employer, recruiter or other third party to our site, and do not vet it for accuracy or suitability;
- 17.1.2 we do not make any claims or representations about finding a suitable vacancy for any jobseeker;
- 17.1.3 registered employers or agencies of our site can access and view your CV, and contact you in relation to a job vacancy in an applicable sector.
- 18.1 If you wish to place an advertisement with our site, you must:
- 18.1.1 complete your details here;
- 18.1.2 click the 'I accept' button; and
- 18.1.3 enter your details on the payment screen.
- 18.2 By clicking ‘I accept’ on the order form, you accept these terms and conditions and accept that you are contracting with us on a commercial basis and not as a consumer.
- 18.3 Subject to provision 14.1 and these terms and conditions, we shall at our reasonable discretion post any advertisement on our site for a period of 28 days. Any extension of this period constitutes a new posting and you will be charged for the extension in accordance with our usual price list.
- 18.4 Subject to us receiving all relevant information from you at the time of completion of your details, we will endeavour to place your advertisement on our site within 24 hours of receipt of your order form and payment in cleared funds, but any such dates are estimates only, and time shall not be of essence in the provision of the advertising services to you.
Your acknowledgements and warranties
- 19.1 You acknowledge that:
- 19.1.2 we are not responsible for any information provided by any jobseeker or other third party to our site, and do not vet it for accuracy or suitability; and
- 19.1.3 we do not make any claims or representations about finding suitable jobseekers.
- 19.2 You warrant that all information and content
- 20.1 You acknowledge that all copyright and intellectual property rights in the jobseeker database belong to us, and that you do not acquire any such rights in the jobseeker database.
- 20.2 We grant you a non-exclusive licence to use the candidate database to:
- 20.2.1 use, search or download the jobseeker database for the sole purpose of finding a suitable candidate for a specific vacancy you wish to fill;
- 20.2.2 contact jobseekers for the sole purpose of finding a suitable candidate for a vacancy you wish to fill; and
- 20.2.3 [are there any other activities you are permitting].
- 20.3 We expressly do not grant you a licence to:
- 20.3.1 Sell or licence the jobseeker database or any part of it to any third party;
- 20.3.2 download the database through any automated process;
- 20.3.3 contact any jobseeker on our site for any other purpose than finding a suitable person for a legitimate vacancy; or
- 20.3.4 otherwise use or disclose any part of the jobseeker databases in a manner not expressly permitted by us under provision 20.2.
- 20.4 You warrant to comply with any applicable data protection legislation at all times.
- 20.5 You warrant that you will not deal with any jobseeker, or any data in relation to a jobseeker, in a way that brings our site or our business into disrepute.
- 20.6 You acknowledge that you shall delete all information in relation to a jobseeker once the potential vacancy in relation to that jobseeker has been filled.
- 21.1 The fee for any one advertisement is as stated in the order form for a continuous period of 28 days. If you wish to delete an advertisement and replace it with another, this constitutes a new advertisement. Deleting an advertisement and posting it again a few days later also constitutes a new advertisement.
- 21.2 All payments must be made by credit card, debit card or other methods of payment permitted by us from time to time in the manner stipulated on our site, or as advised by us from time to time.
Any refunds will be granted at our sole discretion only. There is no automatic right of cancellation once your payment has been processed and you wish to cancel your advertisement, but we will remove your advertisement from your site at your request.
- 23.1 When providing material for an advertisement to us, you must adhere to our rules in relation to postings. You may not:
- 23.1.1 unnecessarily use key words or strings in your job descriptions or titles in order to influence the position of the advertisement in the results listing;
- 23.1.2 provide material for anything other than a genuine job vacancy;
- 23.1.3 advertise any other employment agency, employment website or recruitment company or similar business.
Subject to provision 5 above, our maximum liability to you is the value of any order that is the subject of any dispute.
- 25.1 You warrant and represent that you will not say or do anything, in your dealings with jobseekers or otherwise, that will bring us or our site into disrepute.
- 25.2 You warrant and represent that you will only contact any jobseekers, or use jobseeker information for the purpose of finding suitable candidates for job vacancies.
- 25.3 If you are an employment agency as defined by the Employment Agencies Act 1973, it is your responsibility to ensure that any material you supply or upload to our site complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, as amended from time to time.
By accepting these terms and conditions you agree to indemnify us, and keep us indemnified, against all damages, losses and expenses we incur as a result of a claim of your breach of any of the provisions of these terms and conditions.