Welcome to Brighton & Hove's City Apprenticeship Strategy: ‘Apprenticeship Employer Offer’.
Here you will find everything you need to know about the business benefits and return on investment of apprenticeships and why employing an apprentice offers a low cost, high value investment in your business and future work force.
Developed and delivered in partnership with Sussex Council of Training Provider’s, Chambers of Commerce, Federation of Small Businesses and Brighton Economic Partnership.
The ‘Apprenticeship Employer Offer’ is designed to support you to gain unbiased high quality information advice & guidance on apprenticeships and decide if employing an apprentice is the right choice for your business.
The Apprenticeship Employer Offer includes:
- Pre-employment support: Helping you recruit the right young person as your apprentice.
- Post- employment support: On-going support for you and your apprentice.
- Free apprenticeship recruitment advertising
- Advice and guidance on the business benefits and return on investment of apprenticeships from the cities key employers click here
- Frequently asked questions - Everything Apprenticeships explained!Click here
- Brighton & Hove Apprenticeship Training Quality Kite Mark: The Kite Mark has been developed to give you confidence in choosing the right training provider for you. For more information and to find the right apprenticeship training provider for you: click here
- Brighton & Hove’s City Apprenticeship Strategy launched in 2010 its aspiration to:
Up skill the cities non graduate population to level 2 enabling them to gain employment with progression to level 3 increasing employment sustainability and future earning potential.
Train young people to gain the ‘employability and life skills’ quoted by the city’s employers as essential skills for any young person seeking employment.
To significantly increase skills and training linked employment opportunities through developing a city wide high quality diverse apprenticeship offer for the cities employers.
To engage employers to advise and lead on the development of strategic priorities.
Make apprenticeships the preferred recruitment vehicle for any business considering employing a non-graduate young person.
The Apprenticeship Employer Offer is the latest sustainable support programme to be developed by the City Apprenticeship Strategy partners to support both you as employers and the young people who are the apprentices of the future.