Fight back from COVID-19 & Kick-start your career
Fight back from COVID-19 & Kick-start your career with Greater Brighton Metropolitan College (MET)
The impact of COVID-19 is all around us – in our health, our relationships, the way we live our lives and also in our work. For many people the pandemic has meant unemployment or redundancy. These are unsettling times even without the worry of finding a job.
If this is a situation you find yourself in, we can help. We recently launched our Kick-start your career campaign to support jobseekers and recent graduates with their job hunt. Our aim is to help at least 1,000 people in our local communities start their journey to a new career.
Our Kick-start pathways start with our FREE short courses for jobseekers. Lasting between one to six weeks, we offer a variety of topics ranging from bookkeeping to construction, health & social care to graphic design. We’ll also help you to write your CV, apply for jobs and prepare for interviews. Plus, our job matching service will link you with local employers.
If you decide to carry on your studies – or you’re already employed but want to make a change – you can work your way up through our course levels (from entry level to postgraduate) to reach your dream career.
Example pathways at the MET
- AAT Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
- AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
- AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
Career: Studio or web designer
- Graphic design short course:
- Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills and
- Level 1 Certificate in Interactive Media
- UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art & Design
- BA (Hons) Degree in Graphic Design
Example careers: Nurse, paramedic or physiotherapist
- Health & social care short course: Level 1
- Award in Health and Social Care
- CACHE Level 2 Extended Certificate in
- Health and Social Care
- LASER Level 3 Access to Higher
- Education Diploma: Health and Health Sciences
Whatever situation you find yourself in and whatever your passion, let us help you gain the confidence and skills you need to stand out in this challenging job market. Find out more about our courses on our website, gbmc.ac.uk/adults, or request a callback from one of our advisers by emailing email@example.com