Young Parents Programme - Sussex Downs College
Are you a young parent?
Location: Newhaven (Denton Island)
Next Start Date: September 2018
Eligibility: For Mums & Dads aged 16-24, pregnant or already have children
- Units around: Parenting, child behaviour and healthy living
- Apply for extra financial support for travel and childcare
- Chance to develop your maths and/or English qualifications
Explore your new journey with your child whilst studying for a qualification on our Young Parents Parents Programme.
- Be supported in an environment where we understand your challenges.
- Receive the support you need to progress onto other courses, training or employment
How the young parents programme can support you:
- We offer the opportunity for you to discover and understand child development
- Meet other parents and parents to be
- Your baby can socialise with other children
Care to Learn (C2L) www.gov.uk/care-to-learn
Care to Learn is a benefit to help young parents (aged under 20*) to go back to college. It is a weekly amount of £160 per child and provides help with the cost of:
- Your childcare, including deposit and registration fees
- A childcare taster session for up to 5 days
- Keeping your childcare place over the summer holidays and
- taking your child/travel to the childcare provider
Speak to your YES Adviser or college for more information/help applying.
*must be aged under 20 when starting th course, the childcare must be Ofsted registered. Claiming C2L will not affect your family's benefits.