Communications & Branding Intern
Communications and Branding Intern
1st July to 1st September 2018 (fixed term contract)
Responsible to: Head of Knowledge Management
Duties and responsibilities:
Itad is a consultancy company providing technical expertise to international development programmes, projects and institutions. The work covers a range of sectors, including natural resources, water management, HIV/AIDS, governance, aid effectiveness, and social development. Within the broad development sector, Itad is best known for its work in Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and undertakes institutional and programme evaluations as well as designing M&E systems for development institutions and government departments. For more information see our website www.itad.com.
The intern role will cover our current Communications and Engagement manager for 10 weeks whilst on sabbatical. The position will sit within the Knowledge Hub, a cross-thematic team focusing on knowledge management, communications and learning.
Your work and specific responsibilities will include:
• Coordinating internal newsletters and Knowledge Hub communications
• Maintaining internal communications platforms (i.e. Yammer)
• Supporting project communications as needed
• Supporting Centre for Development Impact communications
• Co-ordination and communication for internal knowledge sharing events
• Maintaining the company conference tracker and identify new opportunities
• Social media updates
• Editing and publishing staff blogs
• Editing draft content for Itad’s website ensuring accessibility and brand adherence
• Collating, revising and publishing content for our website, and updating where necessary
• Advising on Itad brand use internally and externally
• Providing support in use of Itad templates and formatting
• Providing design support (using online platforms and InDesign where necessary)
• Supporting Knowledge Hub team in a range of knowledge management activities including;
o Development of project bidding material
o Mapping of projects across the company
• Any other duties required by the line manager appropriate to the role.
• Undergraduate degree in a marketing or communications discipline or similar
• Experience of the use of Adobe Design programs ideal but not essential
• Strong knowledge and interest in social media and digital technologies
• Strong writing and communications skills
• Experience/interest in communications for international development would be an advantage
Closing date for applications is 1st June.
Interviews will take place on 5th or 6th June.