Interested in beginning a career as a chef? The View at Seaford head has an exciting opportunity to join its team as an apprentice chef.
This position is ideal for a candidate with some exposure to the requirements of working in a kitchen, who has an understanding of the tasks at hand and is now looking to begin their career and work towards an NVQ in Food Production and Cooking.
In return for an enthusiastic and loyal apprentice, The View as the employer will meet the costs of training, provide support and assistance to the trainee at all times, offer generous staff benefits (including up to 50% off food and refreshments) and give a warm and welcoming team to join and develop with.
The View is set alongside the stunning Seaford head golf course and as a venue is open seven days a week, breakfast through to dinner. The hours would be 37 hours per week, primarily worked Monday to Friday; however, may include some weekend and evening function working.
The View offers a competitive rate of pay for this apprenticeship position; one which is enhanced by the generous employee benefits on offer, including up to 50% discount on food and refreshments whilst at work!
The main duties of the role will start of as:
- Following different procedures for food preparation ensuring food supplies are stored correctly and used resourcefully
- following recipes during food preparation and cooking
- ensuring kitchen is kept clean at all times
- arranging food items on serving plates
- preparing ingredients for dishes
- preparing appetisers, salads, stocks, sauces, soups and other food
- assisting in operating cooking equipment such as ovens, fryers, stoves and cookers
- adhering to hygiene protocols
- adhering to food presentation standards storing leftover food correctly
- assisting in stock rotation and food inventory checking
- checking food delivery status other suitable tasks in line with the job role, as requested by the senior member of staff on duty
The essential skills for the role include:
- teamwork skills
- ability to follow instructions
- good verbal communication skills
- impeccable hand to eye co-ordination
- methodical worker; calm under pressure
- A full UK driving licence is desirable, but not essential.
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- ability to work in a team and happy to follow instructions from senior staff
- thrives working in a high pressure environment
- positive outlook
- comfortable communicating with others and asking questions
- passion for food production and delivery
- eagerness to begin and progress a career as a chef
- creativity to make suggestions regarding the kitchen/food to the rest of the team
- impeccable levels of personal hygiene and hygiene in the workplace
There are no essential qualifications for the role; however, you will be required to undertake initial assessments in English and maths before beginning the apprenticeship
A Food & Hygiene Certificate is desirable.
The role of Apprentice Chef will be a key addition to the kitchen team at The View; The View has a four-person Chef team; Head Chef, two assistant Chefs and an Apprentice Chef.
The View is looking for an individual who is seeking a role they can commit to, learn on the job and from their experienced colleagues, and with the aspiration to continue to develop and grow with the business.
Things to consider
Wages Year 1: First six months: £4.00ph Second six months: £4.50ph Year 2: National minimum wage for age.
More searches like this
- Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Eastbourne
- Hospitality & Catering Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Eastbourne
- Catering Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Eastbourne
- Chef Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Eastbourne
- Kitchen Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Full Time jobs in Eastbourne