Apprentice Care Assistant
We are looking to recruit Care Assistants to deliver excellent residential care at Sussex Healthcare.
· Assist service users who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and using the toilet.
· Help service users with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence, help in the use and care of aids and personal equipment.
· Assist with therapeutic programmes designed to enhance the service user’s physical well-being and social development.
· Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users through talking with them, taking them out, sharing in a wide range of activities.
· Make and change beds, tidy rooms and carrying out cleaning as required.
· Inspect, launder and mend service users clothing.
· Set tables and trays, serve meals and support service users who need help with eating.
· Prepare meals and wash up as required, tidy and clear the dining room or supervise service users in these tasks.
· Answer the door and telephone, and greet visitors.
· Read and write reports, take part in staff and service users meetings and in training activities as required by the Registered Manager. Fulfil the criteria set by the National Care Standards Act 2000 of six training sessions per year and to keep a record.
· Adhere to the confidentiality and data protection policies.
· Abide by the rules governing the safety and handling of drugs.
· Assist Commission for Social Care inspectors during visits of inspection.
· Be aware of the complaints procedure and ensure that any concerns or complaints are communicated immediately to the person in charge of the shift.
· Report and record any incident that may occur.
Benefits of the Care Assistant:
50p more per hour for weekends and double pay for bank holiday
Free staff bus, subsidiary meals and uniform
Reduced rate accommodation
In house Training, academy offering various courses, Mentoring scheme
Exceptional career progression within the company, Refer friend bonuses
plus, many more!
Working week: 40hrs per week - shifts include evenings / weekends / early starts / late finishes
- Good level of English and Maths
- Good communication skills, able to put others at ease
- Caring and compassionate
- A warm and friendly disposition
- Reliable and punctual
- flexible attitude towards working hours
It is anticipated that upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship, and assuming good performance, that a permanent position will be available.
Application questions (please answer in cover note)
First question: Given the location, please tell us how you will travel to work and how long it will take you.
Second question: What makes you a good candidate for this opportunity?
Training to be provided
- Pearson Combined BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care L2
- Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics (Level 1)
- Functional Skills Qualification in English (Level 1)
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities