Your duties will include:
- Input and review data
- Review and maintain sales, purchase and general ledgers
- Post and review month end journals
- Advise managers of any outstanding issues
- Complete and review VAT returns
- Maintain a full and accurate audit trail by filing and referencing documents
- Liaise with other departments such as Payroll
- Travel to and work from client sites
- Prepare and review management accounts
- Complete each assignment before passing to the manager for review
- Ensure a high level of service to meet client’s expectations
- Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded
- Current relevant work experience
- Numerate and analytical with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Evidence of being a proactive, self-starter who can manage changing priorities in a demanding environment
- Excellent organisational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Basic/intermediate Excel, Xero, Sage 50 Good working knowledge of VAT
- Good sense of humour
- Understanding of professionalism, integrity and the importance of building a relationship with our clients
Experience in accountancy or law firm Knowledge of Xero and/or Sage 50 Working knowledge of VAT
L2 AAT minimum.
The progression of this role is dependent on the level of experience the candidate has.
Progression post-apprenticeship to become a senior member of the team. The possibility of moving into other departments within the Simmons Gainsford group.
Things to consider
Walking distance from Uckfield train station.