Sales Protection Advisor
Job Title: Sales Protection Advisor
Job Type: Permanent/ Full Time
Location: Brighton & Hove/East Sussex
Salary: £18,000 - £24,000 per annum plus uncapped commission
Have you got sales experience based within a fast pace environment?
Do you have a background in inbound and outbound calling?
Search Consultancy are working on behalf of a respectable, well established and rapidly growing Insurance business, who give exceptional service and knowledge to their customers that seek income protection and other non-core protection products.
The main purpose of the role will be telephone based, managing enquires via incoming calls and online requests, converting these into quotes and finalising the sale. The products that you will be responsible for will be income protection, life insurance, critical illness insurance and private medical insurance. You will be directly reporting into the Director for this role.
The successful candidate will have future prospective opportunities to be developed into the role of a Sales Manager in 12-18 months, performance related.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all features and phrases of the sales process until the policy is sold and finalised.
- Make contact with customers who have enquired on products.
- Where needed, communicate with the insurers and underwriters for concluding the medical underwriting on behalf of the customers.
- Have an understanding of the customers income protection requirements.
- Offering and selecting the correct options to the customer on products.
- Ensuring that the customer qualifies for the policies.
- Developing sales strategies and tactics for the customers lost to other brokers/networks.
Skills and experience required:
- Team player who can also use their own initiative.
- Inbound and Outbound sales experience is essential.
- A background within Insurance or Finance ideally would be extremely desirable.
- Computer literate.
- Able to make conclusive decisions.
- Experience in cold calling is desired but not a necessity.
- Educated to A-Level standard.
- Telephone based sales knowledge in competitive environments.
- Good communicator and able to work under pressure.
- Familiar within working with CRM systems.
Working hours - The office is Monday to Friday, office hours however is open until 8pm, you may be required to work the odd late shift, as well as occasionally a Saturday when the business is needed.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.