The View is a bar, restaurant and function venue that is set in the grounds of Seaford Head Golf Course. We are looking for an Apprentice Chef to join our kitchen team of four, catering from breakfast through to dinner for walk in customers, users of the Golf Course, private events, business functions and more.
Ideally you will have had some exposure to the requirements of working in a kitchen, through this having an understanding of the tasks at hand and now looking to begin your career and gain a qualification.
You will work 37 hours per week over five days, across Monday to Sunday, and will receive a very generous holiday entitlement of 31 days per year. You will begin on £5.50 per hour and, providing you are on target, this will rise after six months and then again when you enter the second year of your apprenticeship. After 6 months you will be paid £6 per hour and during the second year of your apprenticeship you will be paid £7 per hour or National Minimum Wage for your age (which ever is higher.)
For further information on this opportunity or an application form, please contact Craig Nicol, General Manager at The View, on 01323 890 139 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The main duties of the role will start of as:
- Following different procedures for food preparation
- Ensuring food supplies are stored correctly and used resourcefully
- Following recipes during food preparation and cooking
- Ensuring kitchen is kept clean at all times
- Arranging food items on serving plates
- Preparing ingredients for dishes Preparing appetisers, salads, stocks, sauces, soups and other food
- Assisting in operating cooking equipment such as ovens, fryers, stoves and cookers
- Adhering to hygiene protocols Adhering to food presentation standards
- Storing leftover food correctly
- Assisting in stock rotation and food inventory checking
- Checking food delivery status
- Other suitable tasks in line with the job role, as requested by the senior member of staff on duty
The essential skills for the role include:
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good verbal communication skills
- Impeccable co-ordination Methodical worker; calm under pressure
- A full UK driving licence is desirable, but not essential.
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- Ability to work in a team and happy to follow instructions from senior staff
- Thrives working in a high pressure environment
- Positive outlook
- Comfortable communicating with others and asking questions
- Passion for food production and delivery
- Eagerness to begin and progress a career as a chef
- Creativity to make suggestions regarding the kitchen/food to the rest of the team
- Impeccable levels of personal hygiene and hygiene in the workplace
There are no essential qualifications for the role; however, you will be required to undertake initial assessments in English and maths before beginning the apprenticeship.
A Food & Hygiene Certificate is desirable.
The role of Apprentice Chef will be a key addition to the kitchen team at The View; The View has a four-person Chef team; Head Chef, two assistant Chefs and an Apprentice Chef.
The View is looking for an individual who is seeking a role they can commit to, learn on the job and from their experienced colleagues, and with the aspiration to continue to develop and grow with the business.
Things to consider
In return for an enthusiastic and loyal apprentice, The View will meet the costs of training, provide support and assistance to you at all times, offer generous staff benefits (including up to 50% off food and refreshments!) and give you the opportunity to learn and develop in a welcoming and challenging kitchen atmosphere, with a very enthusiastic and passionate Head Chef and kitchen team to support you on your development journey.
In terms of wages you will be paid £5.50 per hour for the first six months, £6 per hour for the next six months and £7 or National Minimum Wage for your age in the second year (Which ever is higher.)
Due to the location of The View, your own transport would be desirable, as public transport is not overly close (10 minutes walk for the bus,15 minutes for the train) if you do not live in the area.