Marketing & Events Officer
Coast to Capital is the Local Enterprise Partnership for one of the most exciting and successful parts of England. Our area covers Croydon, East Surrey, West Sussex, Brighton and Hove, and Lewes. We determine regional economic priorities, support businesses and make investments to drive growth and job creation.
Our small, highly motivated and engaged team is very ambition for the future of the region and we have a vacancy for a Marketing & Events Officer who is responsible for supporting the delivery of aspects of marketing and events, enhancing Coast to Capital’s digital presence, and delivering consultation events across the region.
You would be expected to develop an understanding of Coast to Capital and its stakeholders and be capable of communicating with and providing information to businesses, the public sector and partner organisations. You will be confident and dynamic, have the ability to prioritise a busy workload, project a professional image and have outstanding marketing, organisation and communication skills.
As the Marketing & Events Officer at Coast to Capital, you will work alongside our senior management team and the Communications Officer, to deliver our strategy to effectively support Coast to Capital during an exciting time of change including:
- The negotiation of a Local Industrial Strategy with Government
- Supporting businesses through our Growth Hub services including new programmes such as the Escalator Programme supporting scale-up businesses
- The promotion of over 80 Infrastructure projects across the region
- A potential re-branding opportunity for 2019
- Progressing our professionalism and developing our workforce (including an office move)
The right candidate will make a positive and visible impact on the quality of the marketing delivered by Coast to Capital, to support these key areas of work, as well as increasing our profile within the region.
- Organising a successful AGM and annual stakeholder conference
- Organising Local Industrial Strategy consultation events
- Delivering a marketing and events driven Diversity Campaign
- High quality social media campaigns across all parts of the business including promotion of the Brighton Mainline Campaign
- Promotion of press activity led by Communications Officer
- Promotion of our Investments projects and activity including production of print and video case studies
- Stakeholder engagement support activity
- Supporting the Governance Officer to deliver Governance meetings as required
- Coordinating activity for Coast to Capital social media accounts including Twitter and LinkedIn, using analytics to drive results
- Preparing PowerPoint presentation for the Chief Executive and senior management team
- Responding to enquiries generated by the website and on social media.
Knowledge & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in marketing communications, including social media and working with the media
- Experience of content management systems, website management software and basic HTML coding
- Knowledge of principles of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and design programmes
- Creative flair with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrable customer relationship skills
- Well-presented and professional approach
- Team player.
Accountable: Head of Communications and Corporate Affairs
Place of Work: Horsham (moving to Three Bridges in spring 2019)
Term: Fixed term for 1 year
To make an application please send, by Friday 11 January, a full CV with a short (two pages maximum) covering statement setting out how you believe you could fulfil the requirements of this key role to: Kristel.Smith@coast2capital.org.uk
We will acknowledge your application within 24 hours. If you have not received confirmation please contact Kristel Smith on 01403 333847 to ensure we have received your application. Please note that our offices will be closed from 5pm on 21st December until 9am on 2nd January. Any applications sent during this time will be acknowledged on our return.
Coast to Capital is committed to achieving diversity and equality of opportunity both as an employer and as a commissioner of services.
Our Equality and Diversity Policy 2015-2021 is available on request.
More searches like this
- Marketing & PR Marketing Fixed term Full Time jobs in Crawley
- Events & Entertainment Marketing Fixed term Full Time jobs in Crawley
- Marketing Marketing Fixed term Full Time jobs in Crawley
- Market Research Marketing Fixed term Full Time jobs in Crawley
- Media Marketing Fixed term Full Time jobs in Crawley