Support Worker - Children & Young Adults
Are you considering a new career for the New Year? Do you want a role that offers a sense of fulfilment and reward? If you answered yes, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
At Chailey Heritage Foundation we believe that every child and young person, no matter what their disability should have every opportunity to pursue their fullest potential. Our Support Workers are vital in ensuring that these opportunities can be achieved.
We are seeking to recruit some great new Support Workers that have a passion for supporting others and who share our passion for pursuing potential. It can be hard work, and requires commitment but it’s a hugely fulfilling job and can bring real joy.
The role of a Support Worker
Working within a dedicated team you will be responsible for providing personalised support to children and young adults in our care. As a Support Worker you will help us to provide our children and young adults with everything they need to improve their lives.
The duties are varied and no two days will be the same. Our young people are individuals and deserve to be treated as such. However, you can expect the following duties, supporting with all aspects of personal care and assisting with all medical needs, as well as helping our children and young people to take part in activities and events such as visits to leisure centres, colleges, music gigs and of course the pub!
We want you to flourish with us and as such we will offer you the guidance and support you will need to do so. You will be supported by a team of trained nurses, therapists and senior staff. We will also fund for you to study towards a qualification in health and social care.
What we offer
- Competitive Rates of Pay- Starting at £8.77 per hour and rising to £10.28 per hour.
- Excellent Working Hours - Full Time hours are 37 hours per week on a rotating shift pattern. Shifts available are 7am to 2pm & 2pm to 9pm. We can also offer Part Time contracts if required.
- Career Development - Opportunity to work towards a funded qualification in Health and Social care
- Employee Benefits- Including CHF group pension, Competitive annual leave entitlements, Onsite Parking, Café, Appreciation Awards, Gym and Staff yoga sessions
- Support & Guidance - You will be guided and supported by a team of dedicated trained staff
What are we looking for?
- Basic knowledge of care: To care for our children and young people you will be expected to have a basic understanding of the care and support needs of people with physical disabilities and respecting them as individuals.
- A commitment to quality and providing the best support we can to the children and young people within our care.
- Flexibility: Our Support Workers are required to be flexible to work as part of a rota which will include early and late shifts, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Showing dignity and respect to the young people and staff you will be working with.
Chailey Heritage Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults; as such an enhanced DBS disclosure is required.