JOIN A LEADING BUILDING CONTRACTOR
With a 30+ year successful trading history this Main Contractor has grown from a small regional contractor to multi-million pound business operating across the UK. With a current turnover close to £100M and a strong pipeline of secured work the business is continuing to grow and has a clear line of sight to future expansion. The company prides itself on quality, both in the delivery and standard of its build projects but also in the relationships it forms both internally and externally with clients, sub contractors and suppliers.
The company undertakes a broad range of projects including commercial, retail and leisure, industrial and logistics and residential. More recently they have consistently proved their capability in the successful delivery of challenging high rise developments, hotel and student accommodation schemes often in constrained city centres with values up to £50M
The role is for a Design Manager to join the project team taking responsibility for all design duties on
a multi-million mixed use development scheme in Kent, consisting of residential apartments and retail/commercial space.
Key Duties & responsibilities for this role include:
* Manage & co-ordinate all design matters and the Design Team.
* Ensuring design meets relevant BS's, Codes of Practice, Legislation and the like, and that it
meets the Employer's Requirements.
* Leading the Design Team Meetings and taking accurate minutes to ensure designers deliver on
agreed dates etc.
* Reviewing design to ensure buildability is incorporated.
* Reviewing design to ensure all Health and Safety / CDM matters are mitigated during the design
* Liaising with the Project Team, Estimating Department & Company's Senior Team.
* Value engineering with your team, ensuring best value is achieved at all stages through good
design, looking at alternative materials and reviewing levels etc.
* Responsibility for ensuring and checking the implementation of design on-site.
* Managing the Design Team to ensure as-built drawings show any agreed amendments made onsite.
* Producing the Design Responsibility Matrix & assisting with Design Appointments.
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
* Appropriate professional qualifications and/or equivalent degree in a design-related subject
* A track record of completing mixed-use schemes consisting of apartments & commercial space
* Management experience of working on project values £25M+
* A thorough understanding of technical detailing and building regulations
* Your ability to establish and grow strong and successful relationships with project, technical and construction teams
This role will be attractive to you if you have a clear career path to date and want this to continue in a company committed to your development both on a professional and personal basis where your commercial skill, work ethic and results will be recognised and will lead to further opportunity within the company
To apply for this role please send your latest CV. Or to find out more about this position and have a confidential conversation about your career please apply today.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.