Senior Project Officer
We are a leading Monitoring and Evaluation consultancy providing technical expertise to the International Development community across programmes, projects and institutions. Our expertise covers a wide range of sectors including Fragile and Conflict Affected States, Governance and Institutional Reform, Human Development, Inclusive Growth and Natural Resources & Markets. We are rapidly growing, working in new areas with a broad range of clients, including UN agencies, philanthropic foundations, and government departments from countries all over the world.
Our work ranges from intensive 12 week projects with a single government client to multi-country, multi-donor programmes spanning over 5 years. As a Senior Project Officer you will work within the Project Management Unit and be responsible for the coordination and end to end delivery of the whole project lifecycle.
A key element of this role is to manage and develop project officers and administrators, sharing your knowledge and experience and ensuring that they are being coached and led effectively. You will have a broad remit across the whole team to take ownership of a number of business improvement and development measures to support the ongoing growth of the Project Management Unit.
There are four key areas of responsibility:
Facilitate and support Project Managers in the delivery of a number of high risk and complex Itad projects. This includes pro-actively identifying project risks and mitigation, managing complex work plans and ensuring that travel and security deployments in high and extreme risk countries are planned effectively with the Global Safety and Security Team.
Financial and Commercial Processes
Manage the monitoring and updating of complex and multiple project budgets, creating bespoke financial and commercial reports for internal and external requirements. Collaborate with the Project Manager to assist with project forecasting, monitoring actual costs against budget, estimating cost to completion and client invoicing milestones. Oversee the sales invoice process to our clients ensuring that they are planned with the Finance team to ensure accuracy.
Ensure that all of the relevant information is available to lead on contractual and financial matters within the client’s organisation. Manage new and complex compliance requirements across varied contracts. Lead on the drafting and coordination of multiple contracts with Itad’s suppliers.
Take the lead in delivering one of the Project Management Unit’s business priorities. Create and deliver initiatives to improve the Project Management Unit’s operation and compliance responsibilities. Perform portfolio level reporting and development of management actions across Itad.
Who you are
- Experienced project professional who has worked on large scale complex programmes of work, ideally within International Development
- Proven track record in developing and maintain successful relationships with internal and external clients using your excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced manager who is able to effectively lead and manage teams and provide a strong development focus
- Demonstrable experience of effective workload planning and prioritising, including with team members who are not direct reports
- Strong financial management and reporting experience including complex budget reporting
- Experience of working with a broad range of consultancy contracts within the whole project lifecycle
- Track record of developing and leading in best practice with demonstrable success in implementing continuous improvement
The salary range for this role is up to £37K plus benefits
The closing date for applications is Monday 11th March at 5pm
For non-EU applicants: If you are a non-EU National then please refer to the UK Border Agency website for information regarding your eligibility to work in the UK.