Health & Safety Manager
KSD Support Services Limited is one of the fastest growing, privately owned, building maintenance and facilities management support services companies in the UK. Due to recent business expansion, KSD Support Services LTD are seeking an experienced Health & Safety Manager. The Health and Safety Manager will co-ordinate, support and advise the business on all aspects with regards to Health & Safety, driving the Health and Safety Culture throughout the business.
- Establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health & Safety and Environmental compliance within the business are adhered to.
- Ensure local strategy and activities are aligned with Group expectations for HSE.
- Leading on aspects of the business management systems including 14001, 18001, 9001
- Assist and liaise with HR Manager on essential HR administration and report to Board at Senior Management Meetings.
- Actively participate in networking; sharing of information and best practice.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Maintain the accident and 'near miss' database and prepare reports for Health and Safety Committee and Company, using statistical and other analytical tools. Inform the Health and Safety Executive of accidents or incidents that require notification.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Assist with the co-ordination on the development of Health & Safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Assist with the full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
- Establish a full programme of documented Health & Safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Establish a structured programme of Health & Safety training throughout the Company and liaise with external Health & Safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant HSE legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
The Health and Safety Manager will be successful if they have the following:
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally from within the construction
- A strong technical knowledge across management systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001)
- A strong technical knowledge across management systems, audit and compliance
- The ability to influence and engage key internal and external stakeholders
- NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified and COSHH Trained.
- Proven track record in formulating, implementing and revising HS&E policies and procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Working Days: Monday to Friday
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience.
Job Type : Full-time, Permanent
Please apply to HR@ksdgroupltd.com