Business Admin Support Assistant Apprentice
This exciting opportunity is based at our West Durrington campus in Worthing or Brighton Central Campus, where the successful Apprentice will gain experience in a number of key student support areas, whilst studying for the advanced apprenticeship in Business Administration (Level 3).
This is an 18 month apprenticeship with 100% training delivery within the workplace, where you will meet with your assessor monthly and be assessed through a variety of ways including observation of practice, coursework, and 1:1s.
The successful candidate must have previous experience of working in an office environment, and this opportunity would particularly suit a Level 2 Apprentice wishing to progress to Level 3.
Applicants should demonstrate excellent organisational, communication and IT skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive information. With a flexible and adaptable attitude, the successful candidate will also have proven administrative skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, a good standard of written English, and be able to work on own initiative and as a part of a team.
Main purpose and scope of the post:
- Provide efficient and effective administrative support to the Student Services department
The post holder will report to the Student Financial Services Supervisor on a day-to-day basis and will be accountable for the duties below. This list is not exhaustive and may vary from time to time in order that the accountabilities may be met.
- Provide general administrative support to the Head of Student Services to include organising appointments/meetings, raising purchase orders and invoices, and maintaining team annual leave and absence records
- Administer the student absence reporting system ‘eNotify’ and input notifications received via telephone, email and web forms into the system
- Utilise the eNotify reporting functions to provide attendance reports to confirm attendance, monitor absence or identify patterns of non-attendance
- Provide customer service support to include answering telephone calls, greeting visitors, and contributing to a friendly and welcoming environment
- Provide administrative support for the receiving, recording, processing and status monitoring of applications for student financial support
- Assist with general office duties including filing, shredding and photocopying, ensuring a tidy workplace is maintained
- Develop and maintain an understanding of all student support services within the College and signpost students to internal services as necessary
- Assist with all related activities undertaken by the Student Services department such as open evenings, enrolment, welcome days, induction, fresher’s events etc. (N.B. This may include occasional evening work)
- To follow and successfully complete a Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship programme within agreed timescales. 1 day a week will be dedicated to this requirement
- Complying with College wide policies and procedures
- Undertaking any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Corporation