Work Experience Coordinator (Brighton Campuses)
Full-time - 37 hours per week
Based at the Central Campus, Brighton
We are seeking to appoint 2 x Work Experience Coordinators to support the College in building the capacity and capability to deliver high quality work experience and industry placements for students on vocational full time Study Programmes.
This is a key role which will help prepare our learners for the world of work, and we are looking for a coordinator who is enthusiastic and dedicated to helping young people succeed, with excellent organisational skills, and strong communication and interpersonal skills.
As a Work Experience Coordinator your responsibilities will include:
- The planning, promotion, preparation and tracking of work placements, industry placements, work related projects, and other employability activities.
- Providing an efficient liaison service between employers, students and course tutors
- Working with employers to assess candidate suitability for placements
- Working with students to ensure they are fully prepared, on both a 1:1 and group basis
- Evaluating placement impact on learning and progress
You will require qualifications to GCSE grade C, or equivalent, in English & Maths and a Level 3 IAG qualification or a willingness to work towards. You will also need:-
- Knowledge of the skills landscape and a meaningful understanding of the wider social-economic context of the need to bring employers and learners together
- Experience working with groups of learners
- Experience of working with employers
- Experience establishing systems and procedures
- Sound office management and IT skills, to include Microsoft Excel and Word
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 5 March 2019