Mechanical Design Engineer - Frontier Pitts
A Leader in perimeter security equipment requires a skilled & experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team in West Sussex. The company designs, manufactures and installs perimeter security products, including products for high security applications, all over the UK, Europe and around the World.
The role involves utilising AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor to produce quality mechanical designs within time and budget constraints. You will gain knowledge of drawing standards and how to “translate” design to manufacturing process. Also, you will create accurate design calculations on welded steel structures.
Thus, a willingness to get your hands dirty is essential.
- Min. 2 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering including steel structures and driving systems
- Excellent computer literacy, using Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, MS Excel
- Proficiency in both static and dynamic mechanical calculations performed on steel structures, including wind loadings and stress analysis
- Knowledge of the engineering design process and working to BSI ISO 9001
- Ability to work independently as well as within the team
- An ability to think commercially as well as technically
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good eye on detail
- Authorised to work in the United Kingdom
- A basic level of computer programming in Inventor iLogic
- Experience using Inventor fx parameters
- Experience using basic hand tools and participation in engineering related hobbies
Full training will be provided to participate in design projects including liaising with other departments and members of the design team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to see through design projects from start to finish and will enjoy an excellent advancement opportunity within the business to gain skills and knowledge in manufacturing environment.